2008 Viper Pic

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I personnaly think it's amazing...While im not really digging the hood ( current SRT hood looks nicer to me) I can see that they did that too give a little bit of the cartoonish gen 2 looks back to the viper ( wich is only a good thing)...

What i find amazing is the 580-600 HP100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now with 510 HP vrs the C6Z06's 505 HP the Viper is running an average of 12.0 at 121 mph to the C6Z06's average of 11.7 at 125 mph...

A better way to think about it is 440 rwhp for the current SRT10 and 450 rwhp for the C6Z06...

OPTION ONE.....Even with 580 crank HP and loosing 20% through the drive train ( no way it'll loose 20% but just using a worst case senario) The new viper would put down 464 rwhp...

this extra 24 rwhp would allow the New Viper to go from 12.0 at 121 mph ( current SRT average) to 11.9 at 123 mph on average nipping at the C6Z06's 11.7 at 125 mph average ....

OPTION TWO.....Now if the new viper is 580 HP and looses the typical 15% through the drive train. now your looking at the new Viper dynoing 493 rwhp on average...

With an addittional 53 rwhp over the current Viper's 440 rwhp the new viper would go from 12.0 at 121 mph ( current SRT average) to 11.6 at 125 mph on average ( about the same 123-127 mph trapps of the c6z06 but around a tenth quicker on average) Still not quite an C6Z06 killer but a great drivers race...

OPTION THREE.....To be a Z06 killer like the mags are claiming the new Viper needs 600 HP...

600 HP with a typical 15% drivetrain loss would be 90 HP lost through the drive train..Meaning the new Viper would dyno an IMPRESSIVE 510 rwhp..

The current Viper dyno's 440 rwhp and runs 12.0 at 121 mph an average. With an addittional 70 rwhp and dynoing 510 rwhp.

THE NEW 600 HP VIPER SHOULD RUN 11.5 AT 126 MPH ON AVERAGE...COMPARED TO THE C6Z06'S AVERAGE OF 11.7 AT 125 MPH...

BASICLY KNECK AND KNECK WITH THE FORD GT...

Not really gonna destroy the c6Z06...Even with 600 HP..But atleaste will be the king of the hill again...

OPTION FOUR.....who knows maybe we'll be lucky and the new viper will only loose 13% through the drive train like the gen2's do...In that case it could be an easy 530 rwhp and the car would average 11.3 at 127 mph....

Time will tell....lets just hope for the best and that it's not option one..LOL

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AskYour, you are leaving out another big improvement - stickier tires.

I haven't been a fan of the SRT hood either, original or this one but it aint a deal breaker. However a total redesign of the hood would do wonders for SRT aesthetics (or is it "esthetics"?) and might make the posers a little happier.

OP
OP
SRT10

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the effort SRT10.........by the way , do you still have the crack smoking smiley's ?

This one?
You must be registered for see images

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now Im hearing that the word on the street is that the test mules were actually making 650 HP and that dodge is underating them at 600 HP!!!!!!!!???????

wouldnt be the first time dodge did this...The gen 1's were rated at 400 but constantly dynoed 365 rwhp....Thats about a 9% drive train loss..

Then the gen 2's were rated at 450 but constantly dynoed 410 rwhp bone stock...Once again about a 9% drive train loss...

The SRT10 would have dynoed in the 460 rwhp range if it had kept the 9% drive train loss tradition. Instead they loose 12% through the drive train going from 510 crank and bringing them in at 445 rwhp on average...

So could this 600 HP viper stay with the ways of the gen 1 and gen 2 ?????????

A 9% drive train loss would have this viper dynoing around 545 rwhp...

This would be a bone stock viper that would average 11.2 at 128 mph!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously cant wait for the same day..same drag strip..same driver comparisons between the C6Z06 and 08 Viper.

My Gut tells me they built it to specifically edge out the C6Z06...Man I hope im right.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now Im hearing that the word on the street is that the test mules were actually making 650 HP and that dodge is underating them at 600 HP!!!!!!!!???????

One of the Mules had 680HP. I know this for a fact. This 600HP car is detuned. The beefed up drivetrain, clutch are there to be able to handle more HP if needed. That means if the Z06 EVER comes out with the 650HP...the Viper turns a few screws to one up it again. This was always the plan with this '08 car.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for posting the link. Alot of good information there. I wonder what "Snakeskin Green" will look like.

As I said a couple of months ago...the Green color will be similar to the current Lambo Green.

Thanks for the information about the green. I like that they have came out with more exterior and interior color options. Wow,that burgundy color is really nice! I bet that will be a big selling color.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh love that burgundy Viper!!!

600hp sounds awsome, and all under warranty huh?

works for me

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The covertible has fog lights in all the other pics. Must have been photo shopped.

2 VENOMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One of the Mules had 680HP. I know this for a fact. This 600HP car is detuned. The beefed up drivetrain, clutch are there to be able to handle more HP if needed. That means if the Z06 EVER comes out with the 650HP...the Viper turns a few screws to one up it again. This was always the plan with this '08 car.

[/QUOTE]

This bothers me, if this is true they are dragging us into the gotto have the next model year because of HP upgrades syndrome, Viper use to stand alone, why not come out with all the power it can make now, and then maybe GM will drop out or have to heavely revamp.
That would keep Viper hard to reach for a while :)

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

This bothers me, if this is true they are dragging us into the gotto have the next model year because of HP upgrades syndrome, Viper use to stand alone, why not come out with all the power it can make now, and then maybe GM will drop out or have to heavely revamp.
That would keep Viper hard to reach for a while :)

[/QUOTE]

It may never need to happen. Lots of stuff going on in the insurance industry, EPA...etc. We asked for the King of the Hill...we got it. There is more in the can if needed in the future. May not ever be needed however. In addition...more HP is more money. You have to sell cars. Are you willing to pay 125k for a Viper? As I just posted in another thread....just got off the phone with someone extremely close to this upgrade. He stated that this motor CAN HANDLE 900HP..in it's current configuration. Fact.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To ASKYOURWIFE, with the stronger synchronizers and clutch, it's more likely the Viper will lose MORE power through the drivetrain (that's what happened in the current Z06 over the C5 Z06).

Everything is speculation until it's on the road, but if the numbers in this magazine are accurate, I'm guessing between 490 - 500rwhp.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car is rumored to weigh 200 pounds less than the current model, making it about 3180-3200 pounds. About the same weight as the Z06 (50 pounds more). With sticky tires, 600HP, 560 Torque, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out - bye, bye Z06. Vipers usually experience around 12% loss according to the experts, so that's about 530RWHP. 80 more RWHP than the Z06, waaaayyyyy more torque. Again, bye bye Z06. It will take the Blue Devil to challenge this beast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang