2008 viper warranty !!

challenger&viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hello,
I am going to buy an 2008 dodge viper srt10 coupe. The problem is that the warranty is going to finish one mothe from now. I called a dodge dealer ans asked if i can extend the warranty and they said : no u can't extend for a viper.

the viper has 8500 miles on it so far.
so is this true ???
if true, how much would it cost to extend the warranty for another 3 tears ???

note : i have an 09 challenger srt, the warranty for it con not be extended. It has 3yr/36K miles warrant and can not be extended.

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse, just bought the Chrysler MaxCare extended warranty for my 08.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call one of the vendors on this site - they'll give you the straight scoop. My understanding is that you can extend the warranty up until the original warranty expires.

One caveat to that - I do some work with a related organization, and they just got bought by a new organization in Canada, and I don't know if that change of ownership affected the way they deal with extended warranty sales... I don't think the official ownership/branding changes go into effect for another month, but there could be some policy changes in effect already.

Husker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
+1 on Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse.

I know from personal experience that it is not too late to obtain an extended warranty. I am currently working with Bill on an extended warranty for my 2008 Viper.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I extended my 08 Viper warranty 3 weeks before the original warranty ended. I've got 36,600 miles on the car now, and have already had 2 claims on my extended warranty. Got the Chrysler MaxCare 5/50 for $1760 ($0 deductible).

Edit: Make sure you get a genuine MaxCare contract for the car. You can not extend the warranty, if the factory warranty has already expired.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse, just bought the Chrysler MaxCare extended warranty for my 08.

I've already done the same thing on my '08 Vert.
It only take one, not so major, thing to go wrong and it's paid for itself.

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any Canadian quotes for extended warranty. Dealer is quoting me what they say is cost, around 3200 CDN for MaxCare which extends another 4 years I think.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You might want to consider a 2010 with a 5yr/100,000 that can be up-graded to a lifetime no miles limit. I did that with Roanoke when I bought my 2010 coupe. It's called "Lifetime Maximum Care". Chrysler only offers this on vehicles that come with a 5yr/100 Powertrain Warranty--so that limits it to 2010 Vipers. It's a very comprehensive plan covering way more than the powertrain such as comprehensive electrical and AC among other things. It's not transferable except here in Fl where I live. It makes the real cost of ownership of a 2010 very low if you hang on to it and drive it.-- Paid $3300.---Dave

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to consider a 2010 with a 5yr/100,000 that can be up-graded to a lifetime no miles limit. I did that with Roanoke when I bought my 2010 coupe. It's called "Lifetime Maximum Care". Chrysler only offers this on vehicles that come with a 5yr/100 Powertrain Warranty--so that limits it to 2010 Vipers. It's a very comprehensive plan covering way more than the powertrain such as comprehensive electrical and AC among other things. It's not transferable except here in Fl where I live. It makes the real cost of ownership of a 2010 very low if you hang on to it and drive it.-- Paid $3300.---Dave

Sorry but how's he going to purchase that for a 2008 :dunno:

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I extended my 08 Viper warranty 3 weeks before the original warranty ended. I've got 36,600 miles on the car now, and have already had 2 claims on my extended warranty. Got the Chrysler MaxCare 5/50 for $1760 ($0 deductible).

Edit: Make sure you get a genuine MaxCare contract for the car. You can not extend the warranty, if the factory warranty has already expired.

I got the 5/50000 mile 0 deduc for 1520.00 a month before mine expired.

OK, where at? PM me if you don't want to say here. I just got a quote for MaxCare 5/50000 with $100 deductable and price was $2320 from a well known dealer. Has the price gone up that much?:dunno:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of suggestions - check out the MaxCare 7yr/50000 mile warranty. That will be your best bang for the buck. I got mine from Roanoke, and it was reasonably priced - and I shopped around a bit prior to buying. The dealer I bought my car from wanted $3500 for the warranty, which is about a 100% markup from his cost - so I went elsewhere...

If you want to price shop to check and see what the 'going rates' are, you can Google "Chrysler Extended Warranties" and find a few sources out there. Nobody's going to sell the contract at a loss, so with the right information you'll get what you're looking for, and a dealership of your choice will make some money off of it.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you SEEN some of those toasters out there today? But they usually come with only a year on parts and labor.

But seriously, consider where you might be servicing your car under warranty and make sure THEY accept the policy that you're purchasing. Should not be any issue with a legit dealer, but just cover your bases before you purchase. Beyond that, I'd check with the 2 site sponsors mentioned above. Both of those dealers are absolutely spot on when it comes to reputation and dedication to VCA members.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of suggestions - check out the MaxCare 7yr/50000 mile warranty. That will be your best bang for the buck. I got mine from Roanoke, and it was reasonably priced - and I shopped around a bit prior to buying. The dealer I bought my car from wanted $3500 for the warranty, which is about a 100% markup from his cost - so I went elsewhere...

If you want to price shop to check and see what the 'going rates' are, you can Google "Chrysler Extended Warranties" and find a few sources out there. Nobody's going to sell the contract at a loss, so with the right information you'll get what you're looking for, and a dealership of your choice will make some money off of it.

Thanks for the tip. Online quote at one site came in at $1753 for MaxCare 7/50, $100 deduc.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can extend the warranty right up to the in service day of your car. Wonder how i know this, bought a used ZO6 and just for giggles called the dealer, and i had 2 days left on warranty, so i extended up.

F

FrgMstr

I just purchased a 3 year Maxcare warranty on my 2005 that was already out of warranty. I had the Certified Used Car inspection done on it and it passed with flying colors....the dealer then sold me the warranty. Just for you guys that think you can't get warranty coverage if it has already expired. YMMV.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was under the impression that you can pick up the MaxCare up until one year past the original warranty expiration

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte