2008 Viper

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to VCA yesterday and the 2008 Viper is a go.The unveiling is going to be at the Detroit Auto Show in January with production to start between April and July. :headbang: :2tu: :headbang: :2tu: :D :usa:
So the rumor mill about no Viper in 08 can be put to rest. :nana: :D

Reaction score
THANK GOD.....Thank you Mr. Lutz...or are you Mr. Iaccoca?

NOTHING is a GO until it has GONE!!! The Firepower was a "go" at one point now....wasn't it?

You must be connected....are you a "made DC man" or something like that.

You think they would say ANYTHING else at this point????

Thats like saying "We WILL put a man on Mars". At this point in time....ANYTHING is possible.....even YOU getting a clue!

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont consider anything untill its on the showroom floor of dealerships, everything else is just rumors.

OP
OP
P

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NOTHING is a GO until it has GONE!!! The Firepower was a "go" at one point now....wasn't it?

Thats like saying "We WILL put a man on Mars". At this point in time....ANYTHING is possible.....even YOU getting a clue!

Is there some reason to be a smart a$$ about it? The Firepower was a completely new car the Viper is not. I was just relaying what they told me at VCA, thought people would want to know. They had talked to the powers that be and that was the word coming down from DC. Maybe you should go to the auto show and see. I don't appreciate the "even you getting a clue" when all I was doing was passing on info!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< The unveiling is going to be at the Detroit Auto Show in January >>

this has been the rumor for quite some time has it not - a January 08 unveil? i am sure i have read this in other threads.

and if the unveil doesnt happen then, when would the next opportunity be anyway?

(Detroit Autoshow - january 08 - fingers crossed)

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not news, it's been widely known for some time that the '08 Viper would debut at NAIAS in '07. The questions raised by the cancelling of the Firepower! concern the NEXT Viper platform (ZC) the '08 and '09 Viper will be on the ZB platform, but there's no telling if the car will continue beyond that.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I personally don't think anyone should be beaten severely about the head and shoulders with a heavy club, for posting about a possible 2008 Viper unveiling at NAIAS. It doesn't rise to the heinous level of, say, posting that F355/vs/Viper video ad infinitum. I vote for aquittal of Photog1.

( :D )

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Its all good Vic - Warfang wants to kneecap the idiots at DCX,
not VCA members... ... ... at least not regarding the 08...

cbarber

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Well I'll keep what I heard to myself then and wait for Jan 13.
CB

Reaction score
Why do that?!?! Heck...I heard its gonna have 900RWHP, THREE...yes 3 CUPHOLDERS, paddle shifters, variable ratio rear-end (adjustable on the fly), and....the best of the BEST.........AWD!!!

Best $65K I'll ever spend (of course, that is the BASE price...).

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do that?!?! Heck...I heard its gonna have 900RWHP, THREE...yes 3 CUPHOLDERS, paddle shifters, variable ratio rear-end (adjustable on the fly), and....the best of the BEST.........AWD!!!

Best $65K I'll ever spend (of course, that is the BASE price...).

You forgot to mention variable valve timing. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4