2008s Rolling Off the Line

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In looking at that raffle car(it will be mine of course), it appears the interior not black. Is it another color and maybe one to match the stripes?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In looking at that raffle car(it will be mine of course), it appears the interior not black. Is it another color and maybe one to match the stripes?

Don't think anything was listed about the interior? Yeah, in the pics it looks like champagne/tan...maybe to match the stripes as you suggested? That would look nice...of course, in MY garage Mr. DoctorBob~~;) :drive: :drive: :drive: ~juli

imagine32000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How many different letter designations are there during a build process? I've seen "I" (and know what it means) & I've also seen "E" (don't know what that means.)

- Matt

greenmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appears that mine was in D1 Status which is Due to Be Built with no changes to the order allowed.

V

Venomiss

The interior is black according to some guy sitting behind me.:)

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a black one on order from Woodhouse. Do you have pictures of the car with the whole kit? Will the body kit and wing be available now? Thanks.

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I skipped from page 1 to 3, so don't know if it's been asked & answered, but... Has anyone received their '08 yet?? I'M DYING OVER HERE! LOL

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I skipped from page 1 to 3, so don't know if it's been asked & answered, but... Has anyone received their '08 yet?? I'M DYING OVER HERE! LOL

LOL--Hope you receive yours very soon...we are also anxious for your pics of YOUR '08!!! (Just showed pics of the Venom Red Viper coming off the line with a snakeskin behind it...looks like the VCA Raffle Car first, and then the champagne stripes need to be painted on it--doubt anyone has received their '08 yet...if so, PLEASE CHIME IN!!!!)
~juli

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought since they are just going down the line it would be nov before someone got one.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wings and splitters are not available to order at present, via Chrysler's Dial system ( where Dealers order the cars ) and prices will likely be listed when that comes up. The 400 lbs of downforce is interesting, as 500 was rumored for the Coupe, and I would imagine airflow is different for both cars at speed ?

The package will likely be available later from MoPar, so it can be retrofitted to earlier machines.

Last edited:

2snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Thought The Stripes Were Painted Before The Cars Were Built.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That is indeed the Raffle Car, being striped by PREFIX after build, as are all Vipers since 2006. The gal you have to schmooze to get shipped fast is Right-Front, probably the most senior VIPER Crafts-person, who goes back to MACK plant days. That guy on left, 7 back, in red shirt, sure is a handsome old gray-beard.......across is #7 right, he hangs here rarely, and very glad to be back!

Downforce quoted is MAXIMUM because the DF changes as speed changes. Since it is FIXED (thank the lawyers) you wont have figs avail at different angles of incidence. The Gurney-bubble of the SRT-C dumps more air onto the top of the spoiler at speed, so it is rated 500 vs 400 with Roadster

Last edited:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is that the No. 1 Venom Red car looks different in the interior from the light reflecting from the plastic on the seats. The VCA raffle does no tmention a custom interior so I would assume that the interior is black on black.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And YES, that is the raffle car! Here is a slightly bigger version of the earlier picture:

1st2008.jpg

And the original BIG picture is here:

http://cgmedia.daimlerchrysler.com/dcxms/assets/libraryImages/Viper8290.jpg

By the way, that is the new plant manager in the orange sweater and brown slacks down on the left...

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is indeed the Raffle Car, being striped by PREFIX after build, as are all Vipers since 2006. The gal you have to schmooze to get shipped fast is Right-Front, probably the most senior VIPER Crafts-person, who goes back to MACK plant days. That guy on left, 7 back, in red shirt, sure is a handsome old gray-beard.......across is #7 right, he hangs here rarely, and very glad to be back!

The gal front right that you speak of is the one that came all the way from Detroit to fix my roof moulding. Awesome person, serious about the quality of the Viper:headbang: :2tu:

Red Coachwhip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the blue Viper lifted up in the back?

Edit: and more than a couple roadsters can be seen in the big picture.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That guy 3rd back on the left kinda reminds me of MC hammer, I was wondering what ever happened to him.....

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, that looks like purple back there (to my eyes) ...

1st20081.jpg

Last edited:

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be a GTS Blue Vert with Razor wheels....sweet!

Red Coachwhip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say that's a GTS Blue. It seems that the green and the red are a bit off when compared to previous photos. Besides, IIRC, people who were at Saleen's saw painted panels in Snakeskin Green, Venom Red and GTS Blue

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoblog.nl just posted a number of high-res pictures.
Haven't seen them before...... so I will post em here.
You must be registered for see images

And, because Venom Green is a perfect color.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang