2009 ACR Splitter

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "front tooth"? I remember someone had broke theirs and checked into it. I want to say $600, but it might be far more. Jon B?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but if you sold your car to someone you really owe them that piece. It is an integral part of the car and should go with it, and is not something , in my opinion, that should be yours to sell --- needed for track use.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but if you sold your car to someone you really owe them that piece. It is an integral part of the car and should go with it, and is not something , in my opinion, that should be yours to sell --- needed for track use.

I ran into a similar situation with one of the 1998 GT2's I owned a few years back, previous owners had kept all the "collectible" pieces that came with the car, the cover, the prints , the photos, the camera., being an uneducated buyer at the time, I did not know better until it was too late. Funny thing though is that the present owner has all the pieces as the car eventually made it through the same reseller twice and somehow picked up all the collectibles along the way. :nono:

I agree with Bill on this one

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Excellent point. With a cost of over $1000 from Dodge, (1/100th of the total value of the car originally), you really should provide it to the buyer....that would be the right thing to do.

To put it another way, if the buyer comes to you and says "hi, I'd like to have the splitter that came with the car if you still have it", are you going to say "Sure, I'll sell it to you for $800"? I wouldn't think so, and he'd be rightfully pissed if you did.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The "front tooth"? I remember someone had broke theirs and checked into it. I want to say $600, but it might be far more. Jon B?

About Right, City...

But I agree w/ BillP......... if the new owner wants to go 165 mph+ he would be a lot more stable with that extension in place....... If you FORGOT to include it, you should in good conscience send it to him. If he paid you LESS to delete it, that is another matter.....

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Frankly if it went overseas it won't be there for awhile if shipped by container. Let's keep those International relations good amongst Viper owners and keep trying with the emails -- sure he will respond eventually.

audiowhiz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If the broker made money to handle the sale of the car, he/she should assist you in shipping the part to the right owner.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,
Owner wrote me, hes (rw99) on this site and he lives in California,lol...I guess you can call that overseas..
I was the first owner..

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah, I'm here. So cool to be able to track your "new to me" car through its various owners, all on one forum! And this car is just gorgeous; my thanks to both Kevin and Dan for taking such good care of it.

I'd like to use the track extension... I'm not just looking to complete the manifest on my ACR for better resale value or whatever.

Rich