2009 NASA Nat'l Championships

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few pics from the event...if you have never been to MMP, I highly recommend it as a first class facility.

DSC08074.JPG

DSC08047.JPG

DSC08079.JPG

DSC08053.JPG

DSC08071.JPG

DSC08063.JPG

Vipers figured prominently in the week's racing, with Tom Glenn vying for 1st place in TTU and ST1. He finished second in TTU (by a mere hundredth of a second...ya...at 1:57.43) and was leading the Champ ST1 race when he experienced brake failure, lost control, spun and took out 2nd place Vette driven by Aaron Pfadt. Another CC driven by Mark Algier inherited the lead and won ST1. I finished 8th place in TTU, and I think fastest of the non-race prepped cars, although I never really learned the course (my first time there) and never got the car setup correct (only my third event with the ACR, and third with a car that has adjustable shocks, aero, etc). I had some issues until the final couple of sessions, at which time my tires were pretty worn with 8 long cycles, and I ran a 2:05. It was kinda disappointing, but overall, I was glad to be in the top 10. If all the Vettes that blew up were DQ'd, I would have been a lot higher! Those guys push the limit and many paid the price. Next year the car should be sorted out better, and of course, I will have some experience at MMP.

One of the interesting facets of MMP is that the cars were fastest with neutral aero assist. In fact, the fastest car didn't have a wing. Needless to say, I don't think MMP is ideal for the ACR in that regard since there is no way to neutralize the wing. Cindi Lux has lots of Viper/ACR experience there, but I didn't get the benefit of any it as she had to be in Detroit for SRT meetings or something.

Last edited: