2009 viper has revised center console?

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder if they're referring to the Arc Bezels. When I placed my order for a 2009 ACR, the arc bezels were a 'required' option. We couldn't un-check that option on the build screen.

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what I read, it's just the shift plate bezel relative to the window switchgear. I'm surprised to read about a lighter ACR, as I understand the frame mods are government mandated and actually make the car heavier. I seriously doubt any of the ACR aero has been changed for '09 since it was brought out so late in '08, the sale of Viper, and the cost of molds, outsourcing these parts, etc... Here's the allpar.com statement I am referencing... "ACR model was lightened, with aero works that increase downforce."

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I read, it's just the shift plate bezel relative to the window switchgear. I'm surprised to read about a lighter ACR, as I understand the frame mods are government mandated and actually make the car heavier. I seriously doubt any of the ACR aero has been changed for '09 since it was brought out so late in '08, the sale of Viper, and the cost of molds, outsourcing these parts, etc... Here's the allpar.com statement I am referencing... "ACR model was lightened, with aero works that increase downforce."

They may just be referring to all ACRs being lighted versus the base model. At the tech session at VOI X, they mentioned various things done to lighten it, like removing trunk carpeting, lighter wheels(?), radio delete (or was it AC? they removed one, not the other, as opposed to both like before), etc.