2009 Yellow-same as Gen II?

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard several different stories on the issue if the 2009 Yellow color is the same as the Gen II Yellow. Anyone know for sure? Any input please?

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
My guess is similar, but not the same, as the chemistry of paints has changed.

If I recall, even the First Edition SRT-10 Coupes were SLIGHTLY different from the original GTS Blue. The SRT guys made a point by showing some of the VCA officers a series of "GTS Blue" tiles and asking if we knew which one was the "old" versus the "new".

What I noticed was the metallic flakes were actually finer (smaller) in the new formula.

Considering that yellow is not a metallic color... the difference might be negligible (unless SRT actually selected a new yellow altogether).

Jonb?

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard several different stories on the issue if the 2009 Yellow color is the same as the Gen II Yellow. Anyone know for sure? Any input please?

Maybe. But it's yellow so who would want it anyway??? :bigsmile:

:buttkick:

I'm sure Mopar Boy will be along shortly... :fingersx:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The reason this is so difficult to ascertain for sure is because the MoPar paint guide does not even list Viper Race Yellow for some of the years available ( for instance our illustrious National Prez's VCA Edition ). Though it is PYR ( Viper Race Yellow ) it has no listing at all and one needs to pull up a Vin to check.

The new color is a late add, so the MoPar listing , again, does not show PYR ( same color ) in it's guide. The 2001 and 2002s are also PYR , but the yellow of the Gen I's is definitely different.

Hope this is a little helpful?:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang