2010 ACR WOT throttle concern

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay so I have had this car for about a month. I have put maybe 1,000 miles on it at most coming from my 08 I recently sold.

My issue: It seems as if the ACR at WOT is slow. The "seat of your pants" pull doesn't seem anywhere near as hard or fast as my 08. The car seems to get great traction which is nice, however in a Viper just does not feel right.

I am also wondering if this is due to the higher traction that I am getting with the sport cups compared the the Nitto and PS2's on the other Viper?!?!!?
I just can't seem to pin down if the car is slower or feels less scary due to better traction...... I also seem to notice a funky smell. It almost seems like a restricted catalytic converter but I don't know if that is just in my head.

A little history on the car. Just after purchase I sent the car in to have a clutch put in. Came out with $12K in parts to make sure this car is in top-notch shape however didn't really drive the car enough prior to hammer the pedal down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Car has 38K miles on it now.

-Tim

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all cars will run differant, my 09 runs stronger all around from my 08, bought both new- you may have restricted exhaust also

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check your floor mat is not getting between the gas pedal and the floor

Damnit lol. You're right! This was exactly what I was thinking then totally forgot to check it out. Just went out there and sure enough the thing was tucked up slightly stopping it from going all the way up there!

Thanks Steve!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damnit lol. You're right! This was exactly what I was thinking then totally forgot to check it out. Just went out there and sure enough the thing was tucked up slightly stopping it from going all the way up there!

Thanks Steve!

:lmao::drive:

On a side note, what did you do to the car since you bought it that cost $12k? My buddy was trying to buy that car but you snagged it first and the seller quit responding to him ;)

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the f body gm cars 80,s n 90,s were terrible for this,causeing throttle to stick at wide open... dont ask me how i know