2010 Voodoo ACR sells for $80,300

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's cheap. Makes you wonder if the history had anything to do with low selling price.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****! His family sold it for that low to settle his estate! I'd be one ********** dead guy! Car was even signed by Ralph Gilles!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if this was the one that popped up on ebay last fall. I cant quite recall the price the auction ended at, it was in the 79-84 range IIRC?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a great price. I wonder if he was killed in or near the car? Maybe they are required to mention it when that happens. Blood stains that were cleaned up?

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking it was that ebay car that had a reserve above where bidding ended. That is a good price for a VooDoo edition!

Regards,
Aaron

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a really great car at an excellent price. Sad story for sure though. :(

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Voodoo was hands down the best color combo of the Gen 4 ACR's. Wish i could afford one!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn that was quick! I hope he doesnt get a dime past 80k!

OP
OP
R

robiferretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured it was someone trying to make a buck. Just don't know what i'd be willing to pay for it. Both bidders on the car that aren't me are fake. Their bid history gives them away. I'd probably give the guy what he paid + $1500 otherwise i'll just buy another car. He might be going for a home run, its the american way.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to nitpic but...
Being 1 of 31 makes it the 2nd most common of the Gen 4 ACR color combo's, not the rarest.
Only the Laguna Seca version has more (33 made).

And despite the spiel it's not 640 HP...unless it's an ACR-X which it most certainly is not....it's 600 like all the ACR's.
Carry one.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn that was quick! I hope he doesnt get a dime past 80k!

Why?? He was at the right place at the right time....with cash in hand. Nothing wrong with "stealing" the car and making some money. Buddy of mine who owns a car lot did the same thing about a month ago with a 2010 GS Vette. Estate needed to settle and he picked it up for $47k. Car was a 3LT vert with heritage package and had 4000 miles. Two days later he sold for $52k.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whenever someone else gets a great deal or bargain, I never expect them to pass that deal on to me. Good for them! I'm just fine paying market price on most things, just like I enjoy selling things at market rate.

Tony

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why?? He was at the right place at the right time....with cash in hand. Nothing wrong with "stealing" the car and making some money. Buddy of mine who owns a car lot did the same thing about a month ago with a 2010 GS Vette. Estate needed to settle and he picked it up for $47k. Car was a 3LT vert with heritage package and had 4000 miles. Two days later he sold for $52k.

Because this guy is a total ****** and knows nothing about Vipers! I guess the sig on the dash means an extra 40 hp:rolleyes: other than that, I don't think there anything wrong with trying to make a buck.....

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whenever someone else gets a great deal or bargain, I never expect them to pass that deal on to me. Good for them! I'm just fine paying market price on most things, just like I enjoy selling things at market rate.

Tony

^^^ This! Well said Tony, it's not a one way street.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony

So true. Someone's good fortune and luck shouldn't be frowned upon. If someone got a rare coin in change, they would surely try to sell it for max profit. Or if they bought a Michelangelo painting at a garage sale cheap and then realized what they had found, they would turn around and try to make a profit. People flip houses and make money. Basically the same thing. More power to them.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget, there is usually a buyers premium to be paid, in additon to the gavel price, and transportation/insurance costs to pay to get your purchase home.

Then there are selling expenses to be paid to turn it.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many of you heard about cars with dead guy smell growing up. I remember in high school back in the seventies people spoke of a beautiful like new 63 split window corvette that sold for peanuts because somebody died in it and they couldn't get the smell out.

Turns out that story has been going on forever:omg:

http://www.all-lies.com/legends/transportation/deathcar.shtml

The Legend

A young man was distraught after his girlfriend broke up with him. He had thought that the cool new silver Corvette he'd gotten for his 18th birthday would be enough to keep her with him, despite his occasionally-wandering hands and eye, but that turned out not to be the case. To teach his girl a lesson, he parked the car in front of her house, filled all the chinks in the car's floor with steel-reinforced concrete, and then, with the motor running, ran a hose from the exhaust pipe and in through the window.

This occurred in August, but the young man's death wasn't discovered until the following December when the ex-girlfriend finally got sick of his "stalking" her and, with restraining order in hand, went out to the car to tell him to beat it.

The Corvette was still in perfect condition, aside from being out of gas and covered in parking tickets. The young man's family sold it to a used car dealer, who cleaned it up and put it in a place of honor on his lot. It was eventually purchased by a middle-aged man with a combover who thought it would be just the thing for his image.

The car's new owner had it for only a couple of days when he noticed a particularly horrible stench -- the smell of death. He bought an air freshener, drove with the windows open, and did everything else he could think of, but the smell would not go away. That was when, speeding down the highway, he noticed the young man's corpse, still in the passenger seat. He stuck his head out the window to call for help, only to have it knocked off by a passing truck.

(variant)

A young man was distraught after his girlfriend broke up with him. He was a relief fullback on the high school football team, knew all the best places to pick up after-market racehorse-strength steroids, and had a brain like a steel sieve, but still she dumped him half way through their first date without having sex with him or anything.

Well, he was going to show her!

He parked his car on the street in front of her house and, with the motor running, ran a hose from the exhaust pipe through the window. Later that night, with gas running low, he was really hungry and had a bad headache. He was just starting to wonder why he wasn't dead when his girlfriend's father pulled up in a cement mixer and, for some reason, dumped a load of concrete in through the convertible's open top, killing him almost instantly.

Behind the Legend

The "stinky car" legend exists in two significantly different strains, one serious and one humorous, examples of which are above.

The humorous version is much more recent. It apparently came to life when the original legend merged with a 2004 news story about a hapless teenager who tried unsuccessfully over the course of several days to asphyxiate himself with the "fumes" from his parents' prototype fuel-cell automobile.

In its more serious form, the "smelly car" legend has been around since at least the 1920s. It has been told about young men killing themselves for a variety of reasons, and the car involved has been said to be a Model-A, Cadillac, Jaguar, PT Cruiser, or -- in a variation featuring Luke Skywalker becoming despondent after finding that he had naughty thoughts about his own sister -- a landspeeder. There is also a variation in which a man kills himself by locking himself in a restaurant's walk-in refrigerator, and the restaurant's owner only realizes where the horrible stench is coming from when the dead man has been butchered and half eaten by an ignorant assistant.

In the 1950s, a folklorist believed he had traced the "noxious car" legend back to its roots -- a New England tale of a smelly rocking chair in which a depressed young man had rocked himself to death. Unfortunately, that tale lacks a number of significant elements of the automotive tale (e.g., a car), and so is unlikely to be its progenitor.

More likely, the story is intended as a putdown for annoying folks who recently purchased a car and won't shut up about it having a "new car smell."

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many of you heard about cars with dead guy smell growing up. I remember in high school back in the seventies people spoke of a beautiful like new 63 split window corvette that sold for peanuts because somebody died in it and they couldn't get the smell out.

Turns out that story has been going on forever:omg:

http://www.all-lies.com/legends/transportation/deathcar.shtml

The Legend

A young man was distraught after his girlfriend broke up with him. He had thought that the cool new silver Corvette he'd gotten for his 18th birthday would be enough to keep her with him, despite his occasionally-wandering hands and eye, but that turned out not to be the case. To teach his girl a lesson, he parked the car in front of her house, filled all the chinks in the car's floor with steel-reinforced concrete, and then, with the motor running, ran a hose from the exhaust pipe and in through the window.

This occurred in August, but the young man's death wasn't discovered until the following December when the ex-girlfriend finally got sick of his "stalking" her and, with restraining order in hand, went out to the car to tell him to beat it.

The Corvette was still in perfect condition, aside from being out of gas and covered in parking tickets. The young man's family sold it to a used car dealer, who cleaned it up and put it in a place of honor on his lot. It was eventually purchased by a middle-aged man with a combover who thought it would be just the thing for his image.

The car's new owner had it for only a couple of days when he noticed a particularly horrible stench -- the smell of death. He bought an air freshener, drove with the windows open, and did everything else he could think of, but the smell would not go away. That was when, speeding down the highway, he noticed the young man's corpse, still in the passenger seat. He stuck his head out the window to call for help, only to have it knocked off by a passing truck.

(variant)

A young man was distraught after his girlfriend broke up with him. He was a relief fullback on the high school football team, knew all the best places to pick up after-market racehorse-strength steroids, and had a brain like a steel sieve, but still she dumped him half way through their first date without having sex with him or anything.

Well, he was going to show her!

He parked his car on the street in front of her house and, with the motor running, ran a hose from the exhaust pipe through the window. Later that night, with gas running low, he was really hungry and had a bad headache. He was just starting to wonder why he wasn't dead when his girlfriend's father pulled up in a cement mixer and, for some reason, dumped a load of concrete in through the convertible's open top, killing him almost instantly.

Behind the Legend

The "stinky car" legend exists in two significantly different strains, one serious and one humorous, examples of which are above.

The humorous version is much more recent. It apparently came to life when the original legend merged with a 2004 news story about a hapless teenager who tried unsuccessfully over the course of several days to asphyxiate himself with the "fumes" from his parents' prototype fuel-cell automobile.

In its more serious form, the "smelly car" legend has been around since at least the 1920s. It has been told about young men killing themselves for a variety of reasons, and the car involved has been said to be a Model-A, Cadillac, Jaguar, PT Cruiser, or -- in a variation featuring Luke Skywalker becoming despondent after finding that he had naughty thoughts about his own sister -- a landspeeder. There is also a variation in which a man kills himself by locking himself in a restaurant's walk-in refrigerator, and the restaurant's owner only realizes where the horrible stench is coming from when the dead man has been butchered and half eaten by an ignorant assistant.

In the 1950s, a folklorist believed he had traced the "noxious car" legend back to its roots -- a New England tale of a smelly rocking chair in which a depressed young man had rocked himself to death. Unfortunately, that tale lacks a number of significant elements of the automotive tale (e.g., a car), and so is unlikely to be its progenitor.

More likely, the story is intended as a putdown for annoying folks who recently purchased a car and won't shut up about it having a "new car smell."

You have way too much time on your hands!! lol

Bill

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bid up to $87,500 He had a $100k reserve set on it. Had he dropped his reserve to the max bid he would have only netted $2000 profit after sellers commission, and that assumes he avoided any sales tax on his original purchase.

It was only a great deal if he wanted to keep it for himself or sell private party.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21