2012 GT-R takes down the ACR's record?

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
...and at the end of the lap, the warranty was voided...and it need a $10k brake job.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTR is a great car. I just wished they looked better.

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This just in....The 2014 Viper breaks record!!!

Maybe they should sell a few cars to the public before claming records.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like bs to me...specially with the gtr's ring history

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt you will ever see Dodge bring a car to the ring again.

bingo, Typically the motive for a manufacturer to sponser something like this would have to do with marketing. Hello? There is no new viper to market.

For something like this to happen it would take private funding.
If/When the 2010 breaks the ring record I personaly would have more pride in saying that me and my club paid the way to make it happen.

How much does this cost? Shipping, Track rental, Driver, Techs, ect...
How many club members to we have? I assume atleast 25% of us would be interested in making this happen. So if someone has these numbers, do the math. What would we be looking at a piece?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bingo, Typically the motive for a manufacturer to sponser something like this would have to do with marketing. Hello? There is no new viper to market.

For something like this to happen it would take private funding.
If/When the 2010 breaks the ring record I personaly would have more pride in saying that me and my club paid the way to make it happen.

How much does this cost? Shipping, Track rental, Driver, Techs, ect...
How many club members to we have? I assume atleast 25% of us would be interested in making this happen. So if someone has these numbers, do the math. What would we be looking at a piece?

A 2010 will beat a 7:20 by @ least 5 secs i'm guessing. We should start a pool or something to guess the 2010 time. Let's get Kuno in a 2010 and destroy the time.

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nissan gave ringers to all the mags when it first came out. Then once people got them...they were MUCH slower than what was 1st claimed.

I'm not a VCA member...but I'd pitch in to get a 2010 ACR to the ring w/ pro driver and smash the record. Lets see a 7:15 or better.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats the spirit.:2tu: 2 non-members already pledging

I sometimes forget about all the Viper owners that are not VCA members.
Not to mention all the viperholic's around the world. A simple post on the Viper facebook fan page would result in hundreds if not thousands of fans willing to chip in as well.:usa:

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd be willing to pitch in to send a 2010 ACR to the ring as well. :2tu:

exactly how much would you be willing to "pitch in" to have Dodge send a car over there?....I would imagine the costs for shipment, drivers, crew, track rental, etc would be very high....It would take a lot of members "pitching in" thousands of dollars each to get a car over there with a professional driver....I can't see Dodge spending the money to go after a few seconds....More so the fact all the Gen 4 ACR's are sold....in the end it's about selling cars and there are none to be sold...I would imagine they are putting all there effort to R&D for the next Gen and then they'll go after it....

Black Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly how much would you be willing to "pitch in" to have Dodge send a car over there?....I would imagine the costs for shipment, drivers, crew, track rental, etc would be very high....It would take a lot of members "pitching in" thousands of dollars each to get a car over there with a professional driver....I can't see Dodge spending the money to go after a few seconds....I would imagine they are putting all there effort to R&D for the next Gen and then they'll go after it....

Of course it will be expensive, but I don't think it would be so much that VCA couldn't raise the funds. The biggest problem is that we could get an ACR over there but for the time we have the track rented it ends up being soaking wet. Not to mention there is always the risk of a crash. Nissan spent weeks there? I doubt we'll have that luxury.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would take a lot of members "pitching in" thousands of dollars each to get a car over there with a professional driver....

thats a bit pessimistic. Thousands each? BS, no way it would take that much. 1000people pitching in 2,000 each would raise 2 million dollars:rolaugh: I think your overestimating just a tad there... All of this is speculation untill someone chimes in with real numbers though.

------------------------------------------------------------------

realistic points there Mamba:2tu:
The possible loss of a viper at whose expense...?

Last edited:

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats a bit pessimistic. Thousands each? BS, no way it would take that much. 1000people pitching in 2,000 each would raise 2 million dollars:rolaugh: I think your overestimating just a tad there... All of this is speculation untill someone chimes in with real numbers though.

------------------------------------------------------------------

realistic points there Mamba:2tu:
The possible loss of a viper at whose expense...?

I believe the cost to rent the ring was listed somewhere in the ACR thread when it first broke the record, $2K/hr. is what I recollect.

Either way, I intend to run my car on the ring, won't really count as my car is about as far from stock as one can get, and just a "clone" ACR. Nonetheless, the car will run on the ring, but I foresee sponsorship dollars helping out.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe there is someone already thinking about taking an acr out there we could all throw a fee bucks in to help get them off the fence. I'm in if so.....

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cost of new 2010 ACR about $115,000. Cost to ship car to Nurburg and rent the ring for 2 days probably about $40,000. Cost for travel and accomodations of pit crew and driver (I volunteer for assignment) $20,000. Cost for return shipment of car to Detroit $10,000. Total cost of the above $185,000.
Once the car sets the new record, the VCA raffles the car off selling no more than 2010 tickets for $125 a piece, grossing $251,250 for a net profit of approximately $66,250 to the club.
How about fellow VCA members?
PAVenomRT/10
How far off can I be?:dunno::usa:

avilab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't even own a Viper yet, but I'll be the first to put down real money for someone to bring an ACR to the Ring. I'll throw in $1,000 to start this thing off. Not even joking. That's how bad I want to see the ACR back on top. Let's go and do this. :drive:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang