2013 s On EBay

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Another thing that I'm finding very frustrating is seeing some dealers are offering new 2013s (with VIN numbers so you know it's legit) on EBAY.

We're up here (in Canada) ...with our deposits having been in with our dealers for months....with no orders actually being accepted yet...and US dealers are getting cars...and obviously they have no buyers for them....or they wouldn't have put them up on EBAY.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Bill P said, with ThanksGiving just behind us and Christmas (shortened work weeks) just ahead the probability of dealers getting cars before next year is slim.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We always get the short straw up here in Canada. I waited 15 months from order date to dealer on my Gen 4. Chrysler has always put us on the back burner. Funny thing is its called Chrysler Canada.

JonSav

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You would still think that they would give an update even if we are not in the USA .. Other companies do it when ordering new cars that are not yet built.. with only 2000 being built I'm sure they know when the canadian vipers will be done

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep in mind guys that these cars may have Vins, but they will not be produced for awhile. We have virtually all of our ordered cars with Vin numbers , but we also realize that until the Launch Editions , Red Track Models and Demonstrator Vipers are built , virtually none of the others will be. For all our Canadian friends , keep this in mind since common sense would indicate we are months away before specific ordered cars are going to start their build. Therefore, as hard as it is I would not be surprised that things don't open up fairly soon for your Dealers --- we are all anxious, but the three initial builds must be completed before the customer designed orders shall start.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info bill. but you would think that the 25 canadian launch editions that we were told were coming to canada, we would have info on them.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chelsea,

I sure understand, but I would suggest that you call your Dealer and have him contact his Zone Rep. Most of the Dealers in the US had to check with Reps to find out if the cars were coming to them, as they were allocated by SRT - they are not orderable , they are assigned to Dealers. I have no idea, but there is a chance that these have already been allocated but the Dealer has not checked or the Rep has not informed them. Good luck and after driving the new Snake, it is very much worth the wait - small consolation I know.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao::lmao:
Another thing that I'm finding very frustrating is seeing some dealers are offering new 2013s (with VIN numbers so you know it's legit) on EBAY.

We're up here (in Canada) ...with our deposits having been in with our dealers for months....with no orders actually being accepted yet...and US dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would definetely blame it on Obama and his people. I think they are redistrubiting new 2013 Viper to the needy people here in America first.:lmao:(i did not vote for him)

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my understnding is december starts bguilds on 60 dealer demos then 150 launch editions and then general production...so...february delivery on a general build?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Policy Limits,

There are 150 Launch Editions, 100 Adrenaline Red SRTs with the track package, and around 49 Demonstration models, so those have to all be built prior to Specific ordered cars. With the Plant shutting down for 2 weeks in December, I don't think your understanding will prove out, though I am sure we all hope so. It just has proven in the past that an initial launch can takes time, but it seems the Christmas Holiday at all the Plants, suppliers, etc. is somewhat forgotten and it takes a bit of time for even the normal factory builds to get caught up. Just my personal opinion, though it would be wonderful if your timeline proved out.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph told us at the NorCal Holiday party that the initial 49 demonstration models can't be sold by dealers for 90 days if memory serves me correct, as they are for both current and future customers to see the changes within this new Gen V model. I saw the ebay ads as well including one in Stryker Red, but I have to assume it will be one of the demos once it is officially available for sale and not a moment before.

My only hope is that the viper dealers who have great reputations here on the forum, (Woodhouse, Tomball, Roanoke, etc) sell the majority of the Vipers and keep their allotments!

Regards,
Aaron

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't find them on ebay. There are plenty of Vipers under Dodge but Ebay doesn't even have a classification for SRT.:rolleyes: I wonder how long it will take for SRT to actually be recognized as a brand if ever:dunno:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
might sound dumb but this is in a way a relief. I've considered how difficult it would be to drive this type of car into her garage in the dead of winter and it causes some serious concern. even with a trailer ride home ya still gotta drive her in and depending on the winter weather, that could be dangerous as hell. so march or april would be ideal, summer too much the other way. i honestly didnt consider the factory shut down for the holidays either.:dunno:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Demonstrator models that will go to 49 Dealers will have to stay at each Franchise for 6 months prior to sale. If a Dealer sales one prior to that he could be subject to fines or possibly even an audit. SRT wants these beauties around for you, the consumer, to ogle and ****** ( albeit in a gentlemanly or womanly manner depending on your gender, ha ).

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bill, will the launch editions not be sold until after this 6 month period since they are coming 2nd in time? that might put us into 2014 if thats the case, and if so it might make sense to just wait for the 2014 convertible?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry if you misunderstood, this has nothing to do with ordered models, Launch Editions, or Adrenaline Red SRTs with the Track Pack option. The only vehicles Dealers are required to hang on to for 6 months are the Demonstrator models and these will only be those few 49 machines.

We will see plenty of cars in 2013 and one is not even sure a convertible will be out by 2014 at the present time. Again, they have to go through completely different crash testing and other items and with the Coupes not even at the Dealerships yet, one needs to consider the lead time in getting another model out.

I hope I answered your question, but if you have any others , please give me a ring, I would be more than happy to chat with you and answer any of your concerns.

Respectfully,

Bill Pemberton

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the problem with being out of production for a while (I'm a business owner myself). Starting over and getting the product into a steady flow is a massive task. There will be "some" people unhappy with the wait. Everyone just has to be patient and know that SRT has stepped into a BIG work pile.