20k Maint Reco & Long Drive

escapedan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own a 2006 Coupe that I purchased last year with 15k miles on it from a dealership (no service records). It now has 18,800 miles and I use the car almost strictly for autocross and track events (minimal street driving). I will be participating in the Great American Run (Cannonball Run) in September which covers ~2,000 miles in 4 days and want to make sure I get all the proper maintenance items looked at and/or fixed.

Aside from tires and safety equipment, the only mods are a K&N Intake, MGW shifter, and Moton/Eibach suspension. I am comfortable wrenching on the car myself, but think it might be smart to have a Viper tech check it out as well.

Whar are the key things I should request the dealership (Viper tech) to inspect / replace? (ball joints, end links, differential, etc???)

Thank you all in advance for any help and guidance.

Reaction score
Obviously replace all the fluids, the clutch fluid and P/S fluid are always overlooked but are important. Recheck pressure in the Moton canisters along with alignment to save tire wear.

If there are torn boots on links or CV joints replace them. Have them check out the wheel bearings for play and the ball joints (wheel bearings are the first to show wear). Look for oil leaks at the cooler feed and return lines and always add 1/2 to 1 quart of extra oil when you are at the track to keep the oil pick up covered when the top end of the engine is full from higher RPM and cornering forces. DON"T DO THIS ON THE STREET THOUGH.

Have fun!