22 Degrees and Viper outside....

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was 22 F this morning in Lancaster, PA and I took the Viper out for a 1 hour long spin.

Gave a beating to a Mustang GT, which is always enjoyable.

Who says only TX guys can enjoy Vipers year round! Ha, What do you say Kurt, I'm still driving!

Anybody else driving in cold weather???

Lauri
Lancaster, PA
"One fast red buggy in Amish country"

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny, because people would think I was nuts when I took the GTS out on a brisk winter morning. I figured as long as the roads were dry (and free of salt/sand) it was a Viper Day! When people would ask if I thought it was okay to drive when it was 10º outside, I would explain that it would only shatter upon impact, which I would be careful to avoid!

Just be sure that when you are out in cold weather you realize you will get MUCH less traction than on warm roads. Cold tires and cold roads can combine to make for a very tricky ride if you aren't careful. Have fun in the sun, no matter what the temp!

Chris

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cold is one thing--snow another. I dodged snowflakes and rain up until last Saturday. We've now had well over 2 feet of snow and the season is definitely over. The only problem with cold weather driving is the lack of traction with cold tires. You can't have quite as much fun as you need to be much more cautious. Sadly, I am now in withdrawal till spring.

Steve

Walt McFarland

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys;

Still among you and plan to be on all days not involving snow.

This dense, colder air is a blast (once the tires are warmed up a bit). Life is good.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i plan on driving mine today,though i do not think i will use the a/c its down to 74 today, if only i could find a jaket(see i cant even spell it)

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> plan on driving mine today,though i do not think i will use the a/c its down to 74 today

tongue.gif
Actually, you should experience a supercharged car in really cold weather. They pick up tons of power, especially the intercooled varieties...

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just came back this week from a cruise down south, and tucked my GTS away previous to the trip. Withdrawls starting now......

Next year will hold off until snow!

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by genXgts:
Just came back this week from a cruise down south, and tucked my GTS away previous to the trip. Withdrawls starting now......

Next year will hold off until snow!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ryan, I delayed putting the Viper away until the first bad snow hits this year. Can't wait to drive it again after I get back from vacation. I've got the shakes, going through withdrawal. How was the cruise?

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove mine yesterday in 35 degree weather. I will drive until the first big snow. I have to watch the traction issue on the cold pavement. I get good tire in 4th.

ubnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine out today and it was 29 degrees...should get up to 53 or so today! Too pretty to let the beast sit in my garage and beg for me to drive her!

HawkeyeViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A wierd phenomenon is overcoming me this winter....I have tried 3 times to "put the Viper to bed" for the winter, and then the sun comes out, and sure it is only maybe 20-25 degrees outside, but there is no snow or ice on the ground.....and I HAVE to take it out.....I think I might need therapy.....can't not drive it for more than a day or two.... help me PLEASE!!

Reaction score
Cold air is a real kick. My engine loves it. I would love to go dyno my car in the cold air, but the closest dynojet unit is a 300 mile drive one way over some mountains. I'll just play out here on the prairie!

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went out for a cruise today in the low 40s, but tomorrow the snake goes up on the car dollies and gets tucked away till spring.
frown.gif
I guess I'll just have to intimidate the ricers with my wifes Volvo.
UBNBIT...Nice avatar!

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, here in Minnesota it is 22 Deg F ...and this is what we do when the "ball shrinking" weather sets in:

Jamie's (Jamie) and Glen's (2002graphiteviper) RT's on stands loosing some "restrictions and weight" in the exhaust department in Glen's garage...Who said you gain weight over the winter???

79glen_and_jamie_garage-med.jpg

79jamie_wrenching_on_exhaust-med.jpg

79jamies_car_back_together1-med.jpg

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedEnuf93:

It was 22 F this morning in Lancaster, PA and I took the Viper out for a 1 hour long spin.

Gave a beating to a Mustang GT, which is always enjoyable.

Who says only TX guys can enjoy Vipers year round! Ha, What do you say Kurt, I'm still driving!

Anybody else driving in cold weather???

Lauri
Lancaster, PA

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lauri, Lauri, Lauri:

Can't believe your out in that weather!! Took mine out yesterday, was sunny and about 70
cool.gif
Eat your heart out!!

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Kurt, I bet you TX guys dont even know if your heater works!! Hah, Haa!!!!

(I DO sometimes miss the TX weather.)

I had something funny happen to me this weekend too. While cruising on the countryside roads in the evening, I saw that the road was somewhat wet and was wondering about it since it hadnt rained all day. After I hit it, I was no longer wondering what it was...
The local Amish guys liquidify the pigsh*t and spread it all over the cornfields. Well.... I quess the wagon must have leaded somewhat.... and now (even after washing the undercarriage and wheel wells twice) the carage stinks like hell. Viper too!

I tried to cover the smell by smoking cigars in the garage without ventilation, but that did not seem to help.
First this pissed me off, now I am just laughing!

Sooo, Kurt, wanna go out for a spin in PA???

Lauri