226 MPH

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Speed is relative. 226 mph on the way to Alpha Centuri is dog *** slow.

And sometimes, driving 65 mph surrounded by grandmas who don't check their blind spot, drunks, people shot up with pain killers all looped out, illegal immigrants with no insurance, etc, at those times, 65 mph is absolutely crazy. Better to just park it.

LOL! You just described everyone on the road in Arizona! :D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all know who the "guy" is, if you spend any time down at Captree. But I don't know anything about this arrest and pretty sure would have heard about it. He was NOT down at Captree last weekend, but that was Xmas Eve also. If it is true, we will surely hear about it this Sunday.

phoenix1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right on or left on, depending on which way you're facing. I can't complain much because I moved out here from MI in 96. We need an indian connection to run them on the reservation. Forgot, dirt roads and snakes don't work well together!

phoenix1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where about are you located in Palm Coast? I've got a older brother who's retired in a golfing community there on the intercoastal. Not sure of the name of the community, but nice homes. My bro's got a 05 Vette cont. I paid him a visit last yr. and had a chance to drive it (in rain). Nice drive and more comfortable and roomier than my 05 SRT, but a minor leaguer compared to the Viper. Bland in appearance and blast to drive attitude! Although the Z06 is faster, it doesn't carry the exotic stigna or turnes heads than the Vip. Haven't driven a Z06, but site unseen put in the cockpit of a Vip and a Vette, and let me roar, there's no comparison of the X-eleration.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, Up here you could'nt find enough straight road. But, then never know when one of these guys wants to be a hood ornament. They can be way off the road then all of a sudden BOOM. At least at 75 I can swerve or stop. :laugh:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

doug fresh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not true about him being arrested, I know him personally. Don't know how the rumor got started but definatly not true. Also the reason he asked to pull the video down because too many people were saying too much about it, like who went for a ride with him and specifics on where he was driving.
There is no good to come out of what everyone was saying but only making it hard for everyone who does go there.
He was there on 12/31 as so was I and will be there this weekend (weather permitting of course).

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As ******** as it sounds you guys are making way too much of this. I've been +200 on public roads more times than I can count and it's seriously not that big of a deal. Get a nice stretch of highway and let it rip. Granted with a TT car it doesn't take much to get there so I guess that could throw things off a bit.

In retrospect the way most of you talk, you shouldn't be doing that kind of speed. You don't have the brass to control yourself and think rationally to do it remotely safely.

Kinda funny, i've been faster on the back roads doing some "testing" the day before silver state than any of the unlimited cars ran in the race, with the top off and windows down none the less.

It's a slippery slope, after a while 150 just feels lame, as does 180, 200, etc. Cheap thrills I guess.

If anyone was curious with right around 800rwhp you can run 200 turning 4k rpm in 6th. Makes for a nice late night cruise :headbang:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do 3 digits every time I take the car out, shoot-how can you not? haha

you can get up to speed and stop pretty quick, especially if you have good brakes

I mean anyone that does roadcourses does it all the time, going 145+as long as you can before the apex

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, hope I don't start a heated discussion but I'd like to hear what is acceptable on a public road if 226 MPH is not! I hit the triple digits everytime I take the car out so does that make me a *******? Many other things I do make me a ******* but I don't think going fast is one of them, even though my wife does not always approve.

I guess what I am thinking is that maybe someone who thinks 226 is not smart feels that maybe 100 or 150 is (?).

thats what I do as well but most people will blame that on my age (now 23 as of last week)

lets face it those cars I.E. Vipers, Ford GT's, Ferrari ect are the price they are because of the power they have, YES the body styles are great but its the motor that costs the cash so IMO the people I see in these cars granny shifting and babying them BIGTIME (I baby my car too but I DRIVE it) its just a waste.

I say speed ONLY IF ITS SAFE TO DO SO, no not in beteween traffic like the ricers but on a straight open road with no traffic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang