250,000 vipers made????

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading the news paper today about the viper line might be sold to a 3rd party, but what got me is it said as of March there where 250,000 made.I was thinking production was alot less:confused:.I guess I never added them up.I would say that this great news!!:)

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They must have been thinking of Corvettes not Vipers. Oh, wait, if they were talking of Vettes you would add a zero to the end of that #.:rolaugh:

Somebody will chime in but total production #' is around 35K, I think.:dunno:

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg:What happened was the 25,000th viper was built then. Some one overstroked on the zeros.:smirk:I couldn't beguin to say how many million vets are out there, but as I understand it there are over a million. More vets have been built every year since probably the mid 1960's than the total viper production up to this time. I'm sure you, like me, love having a low production sports car. This is just another reason viper ownership is so special.:2tu:

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i really get tired of idiot journalists not checking their facts. i'm sure it's a typo & supposed to be 25,000.

but don't worry, i also read that dodge sold only 437 "2007" 600hp dodge vipers. retards. :dunno:
everyone just rushes to get the story out there first, whether it's right or not.

wonder what dodge will call their last special edition viper?

an FFE???

Finally Final Edition?

whatever it is, it better be red&white & VERY low color run.

i've been angry all day ever since i saw on the news the story about dodge possibly selling off the viper. there's alot more junk in their lineup that they should consider b4 dumping the viper. i don't care how expensive halo cars are.
price em so that they @ least break even.

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was reading the news paper today about the viper line might be sold to a 3rd party, but what got me is it said as of March there where 250,000 made.I was thinking production was alot less:confused:.I guess I never added them up.I would say that this great news!!:)[/QUOTE

so you are saying that it would be better if there were 250,000 vipers out there instead of 25,000? If you already own one, then you would want less. Value reflects exclusivity. If there were 20,000 b/w gts's, it would not be worth the 50K + they are demanding.

OP
OP
M

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I own a 95 rt 10 .Sure the more they make the better everyone are.Im not looking at it like its a investment, and it would be less rare.(parts would be cheaper!)I didnt think they made that many anyway. Thanks

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was watching a show on the vette factory (mainly machines by the way, not hand assembled like the Viper), and they said that there were about 1.7 million vettes produced since the 50's - about 34,000/year. Current estimates put the vette at about 40,000/year. So as you can see, the Viper will ALWAYS be more exclusive than a vette.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32