3.33,3.45,or 3.55 gears

MOUNTAINWOLF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone with input on overall best SOTP feel and performance from a slow roll. If you have one of the above and have driven others, would you change or stay with the same ratio ? Also, just the gears or buy the whole chunk ? Thanks in advance.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been many many posts on this topic. Do a search. I just had 3.55s put in my 94. I did it to make sixth gear a more realistic gear for normal driving. The 3.55 did what I wanted. The car also has noticeably more power in first and second. After that there isn't any difference. If you can hook up you will get a SOTP improvement in first and second. I have Pilots that are probably a little on the old, hard side so they will break loose in first and second more than they did with the 3.07. I can't say that the 3.55 is a better choice than the 3.35. I would say that the 3.73 is probably too much.
I bought the whole kit, gears, bearings, seals, shims and speedometer calibrator box from Unitrax. $550 for the kit, $280 for a local shop to install. I like what I got.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They did the whole thing. And they put in the spedo box under the dash. How about that for a deal?