3.55 gear installed

MikeDGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up my Viper with the 3.55 gear installed. Feels like a new car! I always felt the 3.07 was not quite enough, especially since I rarely get it over 100 mph for more than a few seconds. Anyone planning on this upgrade, I strongly recommend you go through with it. Ive heard my quarter mile times will not change drastically, but street driving is definitely more fun now. The complete package from Jon B. installed was around $1000, and made a big difference. Thanks Jon.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have thought about doing this upgrade and everyone tells me it is "great", but what is so great about it? Please explain.

OP
OP
M

MikeDGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck is right. The rpms jump up quicker, which leads to quicker acceleration, because you are hitting the powerband sooner. However in the 1/4 mile, you need an extra shift, since each gear requires a shift at a lower speed. Ive only been playing with it for a couple days, but I am impressed. The only question is what to do next???

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should be able to reach about 130 mph with 3.55's at readline so unless you can exceed that in the quarter it should not involve shifting into 5th.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JONB SHIPPED MINE ON THE 17TH, CANT WAIT TO GET IT PUT IN, ALL
OF THE POSTS ON THE SUBJECT HAVE ME HYPED, DONT WANT TO WAIT
ANYLONGER. MABYBE ITS THOSE NECK SNAPPING COMMENTS, WHAT A
PICTURE!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Performin Norman:
That's great. Did that include the speedometer recalibration?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES ! Our kit not only includes the speedo-recalibrater, but we PRE-CALIBRATE it for you ! No decimal-division and reading-glass dipswitches to set. We done dood it fer ya. And all-new INTERNALS and externals (half+diff straps) are also included !

Thanks, Mike, et al, for the 100% positive feedback on the "#1 Best Bang-4-Buck upgrade" ...

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe

I have to agree with all above, gears are a great - probably best -bang for the buck option going, especially at altitude. I did 3.45's and could not be happier! With the thinner air up here at ~5280 ft (or higher), our cars are down about 15 to 18 percent in power, based on 3% / 1000 ft elevation. Since this is basically a rear wheel torque / thrust change, it's independent of altitude - when you get to Nashville (you are going to VOI-7, right?), you'll REALLY be impressed!

Contact me off line and perhaps we can arrange a "demo", provided our respectable weather (for winter in Colorado!) holds.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You people are convincing,all this snapping talk makes me want to snap one off right NOW
laugh.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine