30 Days after the Viper was totalled...

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30 Days after the Viper was totalled by my dealer... The day the pics of the new '08 Viper were released & only one week ago; I sent a deposit to West Virginia on my new ride. 3 days later I was on a plane to Pittsburg and hopped a ride down to Moundsville. Then I drove back to Chicago in my new Yellow '06 Ford GT. I still have my '93 Viper so I'm not exactly out of the club.

I'd post pictures but I don't know how to here. :usa:

danfromohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does the GT compare against the Viper? I would be interested to hear your first impressions of the GT.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here ya go
Great looking GT and in the fast colour....
Your a luck man......

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
R

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does the GT compare against the Viper? I would be interested to hear your first impressions of the GT.

Because they are so extremely different, the quickest way to compare them is to say;

The Viper is raw torque and horsepower with a decent but not outstanding build quality. It is a modern day exotic muscle car.

The Ford GT feels much more sofisticated and purposeful, although it is faster, it isn't as scary, it feels much more intune with the road. The build quality is amazing and it is hard to believe it's a Ford (and seriously it's a supercar).

When I took people (for the first time) for a ride in the Viper SRT10, they would generally be slightly startled and uncomfortable from the passenger seat, the torque would bother the average passenger. The Ford GT on the other hand, is not as scary and generally the passenger is laughing their a$$e$ off from the sound & how stable it is during acceleration and at high speeds.

They are both amazing cars, but I am suprised at how completely different 2 cars can be with similar stats. At the end of the day, the GT tickles more of your senses than the Viper...

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I'd post pictures but I don't know how to here. "

I'm sure Chad/V10Speed could help...

Looks like Baz beat me to it :) I'm a ******** Viper guy, but I like that "this car could kill me at anytime" feeling I get from the torque and crudeness of the Viper. But I love the color of your GT, I've never seen that color combo before. If I stick to my New Years resolution of winning the lottery, I'll be buying at least a couple GT's!

OP
OP
R

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I'd post pictures but I don't know how to here. "

I'm sure Chad/V10Speed could help...

Looks like Baz beat me to it :) I'm a ******** Viper guy, but I like that "this car could kill me at anytime" feeling I get from the torque and crudeness of the Viper. But I love the color of your GT, I've never seen that color combo before. If I stick to my New Years resolution of winning the lottery, I'll be buying at least a couple GT's!

Crudeness and torque is exactly the reason I'm keeping the '93. I love the fact that there is no air, no windows and no frills on the RT. :D

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crudeness and torque is exactly the reason I'm keeping the '03. I love the fact that there is no air, no windows and no frills on the RT. :D
For above quoted reasons, I would love to get a 92/93 RT. Too bad I don't have the place for it.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a mid engine design, you have a true exotic with the Ford. I doubt that I'll ever want to spend that much cash on a car, but I'll take the GT over a Viper anyday...

DrDJ

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, you done good! I have a couple kids to raise... but I'f I could I would. Good luck!

For now a Turbo Lotus Esprit and my 92 Viper.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very nice. I am sure you are having the time of your life driving that car:)

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats!

You found that in Moundsville? A bunch of my relatives live there. Can't believe they had a GT for sale. Not a whole lot there to write home about.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are both amazing cars, but I am suprised at how completely different 2 cars can be with similar stats. At the end of the day, the GT tickles more of your senses than the Viper...
The Viper tickles NOTHING! It smacks you upside the head with a 2x4, and makes you beg for more. :D

GT is still a great car, and I hope to get one someday, but the snake will always be my first choice. :2tu:

btw-there's still a new blue/white GT for sale in my neck of the woods if anyone is interested.

OP
OP
R

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid a few thousand under. Most dealers are asking 20 to 30k over though.

It's not region based either. Two dealers within 100 miles will have completely different pricing.

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Holy cow!!!! 1600rpm at 30 mph.....your a MADMAN!!! :D :D

Seriously though, that car is incredible!!! You are a lucky man.

P.S. I hate you! :p

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's not region based either. Two dealers within 100 miles will have completely different pricing.

I dont know if you were stuck in a time capcell or something, but no one is asking 20 to 30k over sticker and getting it. Look on ebay, they would LOVE to get sticker for those cars. I got calls a few months back right after buying my new 06 coupe, from dealers wanting to let theirs go for a few grand over invoice. So I'm sure you got a good deal on the car for a few k under sticker, but please dont misguide any viper owners into thinking the average is 20 to 30k over sticker, because they could get screwed if they go to negotiate on one of these cars, and arent truly aware that at WORST one would pay sticker.

I love those cars, so please dont take this as a slight on the cars, and had the dealerships called me a few weeks before I bought my 06 viper instead of a few weeks after, I would have one. But a boosted viper does just fine too :)

Jon

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers are great cars, but THAT is truly THE American supercar.
Good luck with it.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW......There was a guy that created a website that was basically following the GT's pricing and the steady drop from 75k + over msrp to right at msrp and the deals below.

OP
OP
R

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I dont know if you were stuck in a time capcell or something, but no one is asking 20 to 30k over sticker and getting it. Look on ebay, they would LOVE to get sticker for those cars. I got calls a few months back right after buying my new 06 coupe, from dealers wanting to let theirs go for a few grand over invoice. So I'm sure you got a good deal on the car for a few k under sticker, but please dont misguide any viper owners into thinking the average is 20 to 30k over sticker, because they could get screwed if they go to negotiate on one of these cars, and arent truly aware that at WORST one would pay sticker.

I love those cars, so please dont take this as a slight on the cars, and had the dealerships called me a few weeks before I bought my 06 viper instead of a few weeks after, I would have one. But a boosted viper does just fine too :)

Jon

:confused: I wasn't trying to misguide anyone. Price actually depends on the color and the year. I wanted Yellow, there are only 4 or 5 "new never titled" Yellow ones left. They only made about 135 Yellow with stripes out of 4000 cars. A few of the dealers that have them, think they are worth more.

I'm not the one that dictates the price (nor does Ebay), yes I have seen them sell under sticker and some over. As there become fewer that are left in the wrapper, the dealers will start to ask for more money (doesn't mean they will get it) but they will certainly ask it.

I would assume that an intelligent buyer like yourself, would shop around for the best deal they can get it for.

At the end of the day it's worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. :2tu:

OP
OP
R

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Holy cow!!!! 1600rpm at 30 mph.....your a MADMAN!!! :D :D

Seriously though, that car is incredible!!! You are a lucky man.

P.S. I hate you! :p

Thanks man, I was in reverse at the time of that picture (heheh) :laugh: