$3000 to spend... What aftermarket wheels to buy :)

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys, needed some suggestions here. Got $3000 to spend on aftermarket wheels. Any suggestions on what wheels to buy? I have an 06 Viper lowered with eibach and caps. Need to change my 5 spoke powdered coated satin black/red striping stockers for an aftermarket one. Also, should I spend it on suspension like the KWs for better ride/handling?. Too bouncy with these eibach/caps. Thanks in advance. Here's my Viper:
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only wheels you will find around that will be used and that will limit you. From what I have found anyways. Need to be closer to $5K+ then factor in tires if you are going to go up in size (why wouldn't you).

What splitter is on the front there? I like that!

-Tim

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a used set of 19/20 iForged Astra's with Invo's I'm selling. They have anthracite centers and polished lips...

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what kind of front splitter is that? Also keep in mind you can get about 1500 for your stock rims and at 4500 you can get used HRE or Iforged set. Hanks Istras above ^^^^^^^^would loook great on your car though!!!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't remember exactly which thread it's in, but there are some new ones out there for under $2k that look pretty damn good. If I hadn't already dedicated my old stockers to track wheels, I would have snagged the new offerings. Just do a search.
Honestly, I think what you have on there looks good and my personal opinion would be to look for a used set of Motons.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send me a PM...maybe we could work out a trade. I have the iForged wheels I referenced above as well as a used set of KWs. Depending on your tires, we could work out a trade...

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check DV8 motoring!!, also ilike the way ur car looks, i would spend them on suspension instead.... but that's just me....:D

P.S. If you decide to sell yours, how much w/o tires??..

OP
OP
V

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only wheels you will find around that will be used and that will limit you. From what I have found anyways. Need to be closer to $5K+ then factor in tires if you are going to go up in size (why wouldn't you).

What splitter is on the front there? I like that!

-Tim

Thank you ... I bought from Steve Vipair performance. :)

what kind of front splitter is that? Also keep in mind you can get about 1500 for your stock rims and at 4500 you can get used HRE or Iforged set. Hanks Istras above ^^^^^^^^would loook great on your car though!!!

Thank you ... Bought the splitter from Steve Vipair Performance :)

Are those my old wheels??

LOL :) ... Actually I copied it from you! We have the same car except mine has the black stripes :)

I can't remember exactly which thread it's in, but there are some new ones out there for under $2k that look pretty damn good. If I hadn't already dedicated my old stockers to track wheels, I would have snagged the new offerings. Just do a search.
Honestly, I think what you have on there looks good and my personal opinion would be to look for a used set of Motons.

Thank you Sir :)

OP
OP
V

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check DV8 motoring!!, also ilike the way ur car looks, i would spend them on suspension instead.... but that's just me....:D

P.S. If you decide to sell yours, how much w/o tires??..

Thank you :)... I may look at upgrading my suspension too.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send me a PM...maybe we could work out a trade. I have the iForged wheels I referenced above as well as a used set of KWs. Depending on your tires, we could work out a trade...

Buy/trade with AbsoluteHank with confidence! Good people!:2tu:

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also keep in mind you can get about 1500 for your stock rims

Where in the heck can you get stock rims for 1500, I've been looking to swap out my gts rims for some 03 10 spoke or like those 06 rims. If you know of any let me know.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeebs, I may have some H-spokes if that tickles your fancy?

-Tim
Not a real big fan of the H-spoke on my gts. But there are not a bad lookin rim.
Thanks though. And you do live close. That would have been alright.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Best bang for the buck would be the ACR wheels. They look better than just about any aftermarket wheel out there.

That's what I was thinking. My 02 gts is an ACR but the previous owner sold the rims and put on stock gts rims. I have no idea what he was thinking. I would
love to get the stock look back for my ACR and I love the wheels. And them in chrome just look sick.
That sites prices on the 06 wheels don't look to bad. I wonder how legit they are???
Anyone order from them before?

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. My 02 gts is an ACR but the previous owner sold the rims and put on stock gts rims. I have no idea what he was thinking. I would
love to get the stock look back for my ACR and I love the wheels. And them in chrome just look sick.
That sites prices on the 06 wheels don't look to bad. I wonder how legit they are???
Anyone order from them before?
If that site is legit that's pretty good prices from the pictures it looks like acr wheels but my be decieving

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255208

Finish Line Wheels offers a 30 DAY RETURN POLICY for wheels which have not been used. If wheels have had tires mounted on them, they have been used, and cannot be returned as part of this policy. If wheels have been on a Tire Machine (Mounter or Balancer), they cannot be returned as part of this policy. If you have not used the product, you would contact a representative from Finish Line Wheels to receive a Return Material Authorization Number (RMA#). Wheels are to be shipped freight prepaid. Returned wheels are inspected for use and damage. If Finish Line Wheels determines the product has been used, or the product is damaged, the product cannot be returned as part of this policy. Non-chrome wheels returned will be subject to a 15% restocking fee. Chrome wheel returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Seems like most people think they sound shaddy. I'll have to wait and see. Cars off the road till spring anyways. Lots of time to look and find a good deal.

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep. that has got to be the worst policy. mount the wheel and find out its not true and cant return it. money grab

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure I would 100% trust that website with pictures like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry but no way in hell those are oem wheels! You can't buy a used set of oem side winder and Hspokes for what they are asking new! I smell Chinese knock offs!

Reaction score
So if you like the factory six spokes (and most seem to), you can pick up a brand new set in the box for under $3K delivered:

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com/index.php/products/dodge-viper-new-oem-six-spoke-wheel-set

Those are OEM factory wheels and not knock-offs, direct from Mopar. For the gentleman looking for 10-spokes for his Gen 1, we have a refinished set in stock too:

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...-spoke-wheel-set-wph-tw85xzaaa-tw89xzaaa-1604

Of course you will want to join the VCA and knock another $300 - $400 off... :D