30hp and 25ftpds torque/ DC Performance Computer

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We now have a custom program for the SRT 10 computer that optimizes fuel and timing curves for maximum performance. This program is good for 91 or 93 fuel and works well with aftermarket exhaust and intake. We also offer custom programs for supercharged and modified engines. These programs are not certified for California emissions and are sold for off road use only. We do offer replacement computers for those who want to swap back and forth.

Program your controller $550
Two day turn-around in most cases.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996
www.dcperformance.com

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased a DC flash for my SRT10 ram quad cab. It was the best 700 bucks I have ever spent. It absolutely transformed the truck.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I did this on an otherwise stock Viper, then added addition mods later, would it need re-tuned? Also, would this negate the factory warrantee?

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it will void your warranty. The safest bet is to get the entire computer box this way you can put the originaly back in if your car goes in for work. Where is the box on an srt?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I did this on an otherwise stock Viper, then added addition mods later, would it need re-tuned?

Good question, was wondering the same thing, as well as what is required to swap this?

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you offer a programed computer for sale? That way I could just pull out the stock and plug and play the programed one and visaa versa? Cost?

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer everyones question there I sell a Jet Performance ECM RECALIBRATION KIT that is 50 state legal. They claim 15-18 rear wheel hp which is about 18-22 engine hp at the flywheel. Once you recieve the kit you remove your ECM, put it in the box, and send it to Jet. They reflash it and send it out the same day to you. If you get it out in the morning you will get it back in 2 days. My price for these is $449.95 including shipping to you.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AtRo,

Nice hi-jack. Me, I guess I would have started a new post. But then that's just me and the best I've been called is a drama queen.

Larry

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

This is Uzy.
When are you going to make one for a 2000 Viper.

And when I get my new 2007 Viper ... I will definately come by your shop and get one.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atro, I dont know if you have any afiliation with Dan from DC but it does appear that you have hi jacked his post a little bit. I was fortunate enough to be turned on to Dan when I bought my ram SRt. His DC Flash was the best bang for the buck mod I put into that truck and I thank him for that. If Dans flash an handle my mods I will be definitely be giving him a call.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you offer a programed computer for sale? That way I could just pull out the stock and plug and play the programed one and visaa versa? Cost?

I would be interested in this too. I like the idea of buying a second PCM with a new tune in it, and then switch back to the stock PCM, if I need to.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered my new flashed computer from Dan. If it delivers 30 hp for 700 bucks it is well worth the price. Hell I have spent twice that some nights out and cant remember a thing the next day. I will post results once I get the computer in.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

I'm just wondering, I changed my exhaust and headers and it seems that I am running a little rich on 94 octane. Do I need to have the car re-tuned? Is this a standard process?

Thanks
Patrick

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I would be interested in this too. I like the idea of buying a second PCM with a new tune in it, and then switch back to the stock PCM, if I need to.

I am also interested in the above. So what is the answer? :2tu:

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I am also interested in the above. So what is the answer? :2tu:

I just place an order for this exact thing. Keeping my original computer and getting a new reflashed one. Additional cost for the computer was $262.00 well worth it to keep my warrantee intact.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm just wondering, I changed my exhaust and headers and it seems that I am running a little rich on 94 octane. Do I need to have the car re-tuned? Is this a standard process?

Thanks
Patrick

They are set to run rich from the factory. I just had mine dyno'd (bone stock) and the guy who runs the shop was very surprised how rich it was. Apparently, they do this to keep the catalytic converters cool to enhance longevity. Feds require converters to be warranteed for 100,000 miles. This is a main reason DC is able to get 30 rwhp with a reflash. They tune it for power instead of converter conservation.

Eagle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone dynoed one of these to confirm because it seems like a lot of horsepower for the dollar? Eagle

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan,

I PM'd you. I'd be interested in reprogram for my 97 GTS: Belenger headers, Hiflo cats, Corsa, smooth tubes and roe filters.

Real world gains?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a quick conversation with Dan Cragin as long as the motors are basically stock he can do the programming with out a dyno run that would contain an air/fuel ratio. If mods are done(i dont know to what extent) he may need to have dyno runs(with the air fuel mix) sent with the pcm

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is everyone coming up with these HP numbers as Dan has not posted anything here, or on his web site, that I can see. I also wonder why Dan has not responded to any of our questions regarding warranty and emmissions. Dan, please tell us what the hp and torque numbers are at the engine flywheel and also at the rear wheels.
Thanks,
Robbie

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atro, not to sound like a dick, but perhaps you should start your own thread regarding the products you sell. Its obvious that Dan doesnt visit the VCA as often as you. Any questions could be answered by simply calling Dan.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks
Patrick

They are set to run rich from the factory. I just had mine dyno'd (bone stock) and the guy who runs the shop was very surprised how rich it was. Apparently, they do this to keep the catalytic converters cool to enhance longevity. Feds require converters to be warranteed for 100,000 miles. This is a main reason DC is able to get 30 rwhp with a reflash. They tune it for power instead of converter conservation.

Very interesting thanks for the info. That would explain a lot and the reason for the popping on acceleration until the car warms up.

Thanks
Patrick

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am certainly interested. Question does this programming remove the adjustments the computer makes to driver style and aggressiveness? At times, after a long calm drive, i cam feel the car is not as responsive for a few heavy-footed runs. after a few minutes it comes back but it is annoying.