30hp and 25ftpds torque/ DC Performance Computer

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wormdoggy

That was avery interesting answer. I for one would not want to be buying new cats every year when they become ruined. thanks for the answer.

By the way I was not tring to start a problem here. I was tring to find out what his hp ratings are based on, engine or rear axle. He did not say in his opening sting. If I post a new message you can be sure I will answer any and all post or questions

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To answer everyones question there I sell a Jet Performance ECM RECALIBRATION KIT that is 50 state legal. They claim 15-18 rear wheel hp which is about 18-22 engine hp at the flywheel. Once you recieve the kit you remove your ECM, put it in the box, and send it to Jet. They reflash it and send it out the same day to you. If you get it out in the morning you will get it back in 2 days. My price for these is $449.95 including shipping to you.

I asked JET directly, and they sent me an email saying they have NO products for the SRT-10.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do get pissed with so many threads getting hijacked after all what does Dan know......he only built the fastest Viper in Europe.....enough said

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Viperman,
While I know you mean the best I believe you may have got the wrong person and the wrong information at Jet. I have the unit in mmy hand as I am typing. This is the part number, 65003, I am putting this unit in my car. Here is the web site at jet for this part number

http://www.jetchip.com/vehicle_products.asp

I have them for sale and they are 14-18 rear wheel hp which is about 18-22 engine hp at the flywheel.

In no way was I putting down Dan at DC Performance, hell I have bought from him. I have never put down any other tuner as we are all in this game as we love what we do.He is a great tuner. We all have different ideas on what works the best, therefore we ask questions. All I asked is what is hp ratings were based on. Engine HP or Raer Wheel HP.

DAD, If I insulted you in any I am sorry.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am definitely interested Dan but do not see anthing on your website that relates to this flash program. Can you direct me to it please?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I did this on an otherwise stock Viper, then added addition mods later, would it need re-tuned? Also, would this negate the factory warrantee?

Still looking for an answer to this.

Also, what are the ramifications of the procedure on the longevity of the cats, either stock or aftermarket?

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I did this on an otherwise stock Viper, then added addition mods later, would it need re-tuned? Also, would this negate the factory warrantee?

Still looking for an answer to this.

Also, what are the ramifications of the procedure on the longevity of the cats, either stock or aftermarket?

I spoke to Dan about this (I am the one who wrote the original question). Additional mods that change engine performance or fuel curves will require new tuning. Mods that don't, such as changing the gearing, will not. The reflash will void warrantee. If warrantee is a concern, purchase a new computer with the reflash so you can swap it back and forth with the factory computer if necessary. This adds $262 to the price, but it's the route I decided to take. Better to pay the extra money and keep my warrantee for another year.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to further the stealing of the thread ut I gotta say this ... Atro are you NUTS! That link is to a gimmick. Why not specify the tornado or other scientificallly (dis)proven device.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the info from the "chip site."

The JET Performance Module for Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep vehicles is a JET exclusive. Dynamic Spectrum Tuning provides power gains across the entire power band-not just at full throttle. Point by point air/fuel ratio, ignition advance and various other tuning points provide performance gains of up to 25 horsepower. Improves throttle response, acceleration and low end torque. Simple, plug-in installation in less than 30 minutes. Available in Stage 1 and Stage 2.

*For 1989-Current Dodge cars, trucks and SUV's.

Stage 1-For stock or mildly modified vehicles. Fuel and timing curves are modified for optimal performance and mileage using less expensive, lower octane fuels. Programming is designed to burn fuel at peak efficiency, which results in improved performance and mileage. Daily drivers can use lower cost regular fuel for potential mileage gains, but for optimal performance gains use of mid-grade or better is recommended.

Stage 2-Designed for the performance enthusiast, the Stage 2 features more aggressive programming to make the most horsepower and torque available. Fuel and timing curves are extensively modified for peak performance and drivability. Requires use of 91 octane fuel, 180 degree thermostat and free flow exhaust. Also works well with aftermarket intake systems, mass air sensors, TBI spacers, etc.

So more performance with lower grade fuel. And you can use it with aftermarket air flow sensors. How many Dodges do you know with an air flow sensor or TBI? A gimmick with a capital G. Atro why don't you map the fuel and spark tables it produces and tell us how it makes more power and torque with lower octane fuel.

Sorry again Dan about stealing away your thread.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does new PCM (with the reflash mod) recognize and function well with all of the car's electronics? or do you lose tire monitor operation or something else when you switch PCMs back and forth?

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atro -

Have you ever dealt with JET? They are known as the joke of the industry bro....

I would not put that in my ride if you paid me...

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got a call my computer shipped today and should be here next monday or tuesday. I feel like a thirteen year old boy feeling up his first girl. I am excited!

viperrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my '05 back from Dan yesterday, roll bar, comp coupe oil pan/pickup, aluminum flywheel, stainless brake lines, new 170 thermostat, and a computer upgrade. Dyno print out shows 30 horsepower down low enough in the RPM range to be really useful. Can't say enough good things about dealing with Dan Cragin.

PS-really glad ____ is on the east coast and DC Performance is on the west coast! JET and junk are synonymous.

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd like to hear from owners that have done the computer upgrade. Is there an obvious "seat of the pants" improvement in the throttle response? Thanks in advance.

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So why won't Dan speak up with his own post? I realize it may be a pain, but there are now enough questions to make for an interesting response. Plenty of people are ready to pull the trigger (with a response or two)

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
these is a reflash of the ecm to solve this problem you mention above. After a long idle or loping down the road the ecm retards the timong to 0 degrees. Upon a hard accelleration timing is advanced again. This is a very common TSB for SRT-10 Vipers anong with the headlight reflashing recall and the hydraulic fan TSB.
I hope I helped you out here Nader. Chuck Tator knows all about the above problems so call him and set up an appointment to get these fixed under warranty.

OP
OP
D

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I apologize for not getting back to your questions sooner.
I have been busy in the shop and do not frequent the board.
In regards to the programming. We can tune all engine controllers for the Viper 1992-2006. The hp gains depend upon the changes you have made to the engine and the type of fuel you run.

Our standard calibration for the SRT will give crisper throttle response, hp increases in the usable rpm area and cooler engine operation. This calibration is good for 91 or 93 octane fuel. I should have some dyno sheets on our website soon. We see a 30hp and 25ftpd increase in the 3000-6000rpm area. Peak hp goes up slightly.

This calibration will pass tailpipe emissions and retains all OBD 2 emissions data. It is not certified in California and is therefore sold as "off road use only".

We have been tuning Vipers for many years and test our calibrations before releasing them. If you are unhappy with any of our calibrations we will refund your money.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc.
310-841-6996

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
..If you are unhappy with any of our calibrations we will refund your money. Dan Cragin DC Performance Inc.

Dan,

That says it all. (Anything else said here just makes your competition smarter.)

Jon

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heed this advice..."you get what you pay for" Dan has always been available to answer questions when you call him. He is a real pleasure to deal with and I'm so grateful to have him on the West Coast. :2tu:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dan,

That is what all of us were looking for. Seeing that some of us are running 185 degree thermostats can you adjust the temperture in the ECM so that the hydraulic coolant fan comes on at around 190 degrees on 2003 & up SRT-10 Vipers? I am running a thermostat that starts to open at 170 degrees and is fully open at 185 degrees. I would be nice to have the fan come on at 190 and turn off at 185.