~3500 miles in the first month...

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and everything seems good so far, but had a couple of questions:

1. Tire pressure - the manual says to have 29 PSI, and the tires list a max load of 51 PSI, is the manual # the best, or is there another # I should use?

2. Windshield frame - (i.e., the part the front of the top sits on) what can one do about a deep scratch on it, and what's it made of?

3. Floor mat - what have people done to keep it from shifting and bunching up?

I know there's more, but those are the first ones for the moment...

Jim Peffers

Viper Owner
Reaction score
29 is best overall (normal driving). Increase tire pressure for sustained high speed (i.e. >100mph - when Wayne Skiles and I ran the Silver State, we used 36psi and ran 34min 41sec with an average speed of 155.69mph). Lower tire pressure for drag racing (better hook-up); exact pressure depending on temperature, track condition, altitude, etc. I believe that Michelin has a breakdown of recommended tire pressures someplace on their website - I read it someplace, forget where.
Floormats: Replace the factory mats with aftermarket mats; several good ones listed on this site in "Marketplace" under "Accessories" such as Maurice Liang, Norcal VCA and ViperWare.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tire pressure -- there should be a sticker on the driver's door which indicates the correct pressure. Which is 29 psi.

Floor mats -- If you have the Mopars, they ****. Get a set from Maurice Liang of the Northern California Viper Club . Other good mats can be purchased from ViperWare or Snake Oyl. None of these mats will bunch up like the Mopars.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, and any info on the windshield thing would be appreciated as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude