360 MODENA SMOKES VIPERS

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were crusing to the Chicago area Viper club meeting when we ran into a yellow 360 Modena. As we entered the oval on ramp the Modena was moving at 130 m.p.h. plus speed and accelerating, his exit speed from the ramp must have been about 160 m.p.h.. we tried feverishly to catch the Modena but no use. Paolo the lead Viper was out front of us he was banging gears like a mad man but no use. Next was Tooofst with 700 h.p. Viper beast he blew by Polo like he was standing still but no use the Ferrari was gone. Wow what a car we had just got our doors blown off by Enzo Ferrari himself, we are going to trade our Vipers for Ferrari's today.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

-----------------

01 GTS
650 h.p. 750 t.q.
10.90 e.t. @ 131 m.p.h.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad luck on the run, do not know what sort or Ferrari's you have in the USA but had no trouble keeping up on a roll with a 360 last week.

In fact got an official warning from the Police re Viper and 360 seen racing on public roads.

No excess speed by both parties 360 owner commented on how good he thought the Viper handled, talked about USA cars straight roads, no corners, = Vipers don't handle then thought to him self............where did the Viper go.

Also got filmed by a TV crew for a program about 'Big Boys Toys'
already syndicated to the USA, managed to get the Viper sideways for the camera

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul S Lacey:
Bad luck on the run, do not know what sort or Ferrari's you have in the USA but had no trouble keeping up on a roll with a 360 last week.

In fact got an official warning from the Police re Viper and 360 seen racing on public roads.

No excess speed by both parties 360 owner commented on how good he thought the Viper handled, talked about USA cars straight roads, no corners, = Vipers don't handle then thought to him self............where did the Viper go.

Also got filmed by a TV crew for a program about 'Big Boys Toys'
already syndicated to the USA, managed to get the Viper sideways for the camera

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>SOUNDS LIKE SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GO TO RACING SCHOOL!!

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have ran one out on the tollway from a 40 punch to 150. He did not stand a chance. The 360 most have been going much faster when he passed you guys. To play catch up is impossible in any car. Especially, if he has a 40mph+ head start.

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
smoked em like lucky strikes all day long at Pocono except a Ferrari Challenge prepared car that had an ADDITIONAL 200k pumped in...that car could walk away from my stock 01 ACR. You must have encountered something special in car OR DRIVER.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran my ******* RT/10 against a 360 and we were even. With my top on I would've smoked him.

No matter though, Ferraris are still Ferraris. I'll have one someday.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
moving start at high speed, expect to get beat by it. look at it this way, he went past you guys so d*mn fast cause he didnt want to be shown up in his paltry plain looking ferrari by a group of awesome outrageous looking vipers (thats the story and you should stick to it, LOL)

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second that Chuck...I want to own a Maranello SOOOOOOOO BAAAAAADDDDD!..but even the used ones are beyond me.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 99t1:
but even the used ones are beyond me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I thought too, but I raced with a couple guys at Road Atlanta that had used Ferrari Challenge cars they said they paid 70K and 80K. Not bad. Besides, I'd want a Ferrari for the track first and street second. Imagine showing up at Viper Days with a Ferrari Challenge car...

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul S Lacey:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what this guy had in his Modena.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
That's what I thought too, but I raced with a couple guys at Road Atlanta that had used Ferrari Challenge cars they said they paid 70K and 80K. Not bad. Besides, I'd want a Ferrari for the track first and street second. Imagine showing up at Viper Days with a Ferrari Challenge car...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, so you're just a Viper poser?
laugh.gif
Nice cover with that extremist attitude
wink.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slaughterj:
Ah, so you're just a Viper poser?
laugh.gif
Nice cover with that extremist attitude
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheap shot Slaughter. You must be getting tired of my lawyer comments.

I will always be a Viper extremist. But I can still like Ferraris, Lambos, and Cobras can't I?

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto, a coworker of mine has a '99 360 he bought used for $152,000. The three or four times we have played my '00 Creampuff GTS has handed the 360 its head, for 1/2 the cost. Agreed that with a head of steam any car will be tough too catch, but given equal starts the modena is outgunned.
BURNOUT.gif

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have played with this one a couple of times:

No contest. Walked him from a standing start and at any speed from a roll. Not a happy Ferrari owner. Cool car, complete with the F1 shifting option...

Chris

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran my 99 GTS in the Ferrari Club Laguna Seca day a few weeks ago. It was my second time at Laguna so I ran in the Intermediate group. I did not get passed once in 4 full sessions, and was able to pass several F355's and 360 Modenas (along with a couple of M5's, a 993, a 996TT, and a Z06).

Maybe I was driving harder then the other guys, but given similar corner exit speed, I believe the Viper has more speed on the straights then a 360. Overall, I think the cars are quite close.

There were two 550's that went off at the bottom on the corkscrew. One broke a wheel and the other went into the tire barriers.

Laguna has sound limits so I was a bit worried about my Corsa 3 inch, although I ran all day w/o a problem.

Jim

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey I was there and let me tell you what realy happened. After blowing the doors off the 360 from the tollbooth, five minutes later after we had to slow down for slower traffic he would fly by like we were still racing. I know the guy he is a snobby asian guy, I have challenged him to many track events, but always backs off.

2002 Gts Graphite/silver stripes
S&B filters w/ smooth tubes
Belenger catback
12.1@119
1.8 60'

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a Modena convertible run up on me on a busy town street and what was MOST impressive was the cool sound of the downshifts..I think he had the F1 paddle but I'm not sure. He gave me such a cold look as I made my left at the light..I think his son in the passenger seat wished dad had the Viper.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by isaac460:
Hey I was there and let me tell you what realy happened. After blowing the doors off the 360 from the tollbooth, five minutes later after we had to slow down for slower traffic he would fly by like we were still racing. I know the guy he is a snobby asian guy, I have challenged him to many track events, but always backs off.

[/Q]

Enzo,the truth hurts.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I parked my RT/10 in the primo spot at The Winghouse and while I was chowing on some wings a Testarossa pulls into the lot. When the guy walked in I asked him how he liked the Ferrari and he said "It's a Ferrari, what's not to like?" Kinda standoffish, rare compared to the majority of Ferrari owners I've met.

Anyway before I left I went to the guy and told him I was leaving and he could have the primo spot, and he said, "Oh, you own the Viper." I just smiled and left, thought about going back with #34 but decided against it. He'll find out someday.

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Ferrari guy might show up tonight at the SupercarsChicago meet. We'll take care of him there
death2.gif

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Cheap shot Slaughter. You must be getting tired of my lawyer comments.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just some payback.
laugh.gif

I will always be a Viper extremist. But I can still like Ferraris, Lambos, and Cobras can't I?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you must, I guess you can *like* them
wink.gif
Just so long as you don't *love* them like your cars
smile.gif

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IAnyway before I left I went to the guy and told him I was leaving and he could have the primo spot, and he said, "Oh, you own the Viper." I just smiled and left, thought about going back with #34 but decided against it. He'll find out someday.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
To have returned with #34 would have been excellent
wink.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hemi:
You mean to tell us you weren't wearing your "I OWN 2 VIPERS!" T-shirt?
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's tough being humble.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold on folks.

About a month ago I was at Pocono raceway at the Ferrari event as a spectator. The VCA was also invited. Probably about 50 Ferrari's. Mostly 355's and 360's. Only a couple Vipers. LET ME TELL YOU THIS FIRST HAND. ACR JOE (VCA member name) handed them there as*es!!! Not one Ferrari could keep up with him (Well maybe one highly modified 355 Challenge car with slicks). After speaking with him, his car was stock except for the exhaust. If I remember correctly, he had the full Belanger setup. Sounded real good. I promise you folks, he was passing all the Ferrari's with NO problem. To be honest, it wasn't even close. He would pull a few seconds every lap. Maybe he can chime in to tell the experience.

Anyway, I always thought the 360 looked fantastic. But after seeing it in person next to the 355, my opinion changed. The 355 is much sharper, IMO. It also sounded much better. Hearing those 355 passing me standing only 20 feet away at 150 MPH was awesome. The 360 seemed tame compared to the rawness of the 355. Although, most of the 355's were modified or Challenge cars, where most 360's were stock. Joe's car sounded great also. A deeper sound. Hard to pick which one sounded better, as they were soooo different.

Just thought I'd share my experience....

Later

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE isaac460: "Hey I was there and let me tell you what realy happened. After blowing the doors off the 360 from the tollbooth, five minutes later after we had to slow down for slower traffic he would fly by like we were still racing. I know the guy he is a snobby asian guy, I have challenged him to many track events, but always backs off."

Yeah, I know the guy you are talking about! Here is a pic of him. He is sitting on the far right...

OP
OP
B

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YellowSnake:
QUOTE isaac460: "Hey I was there and let me tell you what realy happened. After blowing the doors off the 360 from the tollbooth, five minutes later after we had to slow down for slower traffic he would fly by like we were still racing. I know the guy he is a snobby asian guy, I have challenged him to many track events, but always backs off."

Yeah, I know the guy you are talking about! I think he is related to Jackie Chan, his brother or something.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>----------------------------------

OP
OP
B

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Yellow Shake your talking out of your a**, that's what you get when you go MIA (missing in action) for months at a time.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Two Vipers and a Ferrari - We'd never see Chuck again, he'd live at Wetwings (or whatever that place is called.) I too would give my gfriends left arm for a 550 ?Maranello?.

I have one question though - Where the ******* do you guys drive to be meeting up with all these Modenas??? I logged 125k last year in travels and saw plenty of Z8s, Diablos, 512s and even one F40 but I have never even seen a Modena let alone pulled up against one at a light/tollbooth.

My life really does ****....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper