3M??

DSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone install 3M on the front bumper cover or at the wheel wells? Is it visible?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is clear but you will still be able to see the line if you look REALLY closely. On lighter car it is harder to find the lines though. This 3M stuff is great BUT it is expensive.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had it installed on my SRT a month or so after I got it. Right after I got my first stone chip it was apparent to me that it is quite literally the ONLY way to effectively combat the problem. Quite pricey, its going to run you 500-1000 for the material and install. BUT, I will say it was one of the best investments I have made.

couple suggestions:

-Professional Install is a MUST.
-Make sure you go with someone who has a CNC material cutting machine and the program for the Viper. you DO NOT want someone to cut that material on your paint- a lot of places do! Trust me, come time to ever remove it, they werent as slick as they thought they were with regaurds to not cutting all the way through the material...they are good, but not that good.
-Lighter color cars make it VERY difficult to see the seams during the day, and are only visable with shadows. Dark colors are the opposite, easier to see during the day, more difficult in Dim lighting.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto to all Daniel's comments.

I did it on my yellow VCA edetion - seams are very difficult to see.

It was done by a pro (10 year experience on mainly lambos and alike). I did front bumber, headlights, sidesills, lower rear fenders + light tinting of windows = USD 950.00

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had it installed on my SRT a month or so after I got it. Right after I got my first stone chip it was apparent to me that it is quite literally the ONLY way to effectively combat the problem. Quite pricey, its going to run you 500-1000 for the material and install. BUT, I will say it was one of the best investments I have made.

couple suggestions:

-Professional Install is a MUST.
-Make sure you go with someone who has a CNC material cutting machine and the program for the Viper. you DO NOT want someone to cut that material on your paint- a lot of places do! Trust me, come time to ever remove it, they werent as slick as they thought they were with regaurds to not cutting all the way through the material...they are good, but not that good.
-Lighter color cars make it VERY difficult to see the seams during the day, and are only visable with shadows. Dark colors are the opposite, easier to see during the day, more difficult in Dim lighting.

I don't know if 3M is the same material used in the Clearbra, but I installed a Clearbra. It is good. I will second all of the above observations and experiences. I live at the end of a dirt road. For me, it is a necessity.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ClearBra is just a renamed 3M product. Goes by the name ClearBra or ClearShield. 3M also has an in-house name for it as well.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ClearBra is just a renamed 3M product. Goes by the name ClearBra or ClearShield. 3M also has an in-house name for it as well.

You might be right, but I do not believe that the material called Clearbra sold by this guy http://www.clearbra.net/home2.html is made by 3M. I have bought much of it and 3M, and they have different backing material and thicknesses. They're physically not the same. It appears that several folks use the name Clearbra.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
FRANK- That stuff on that website is definatly not a 3M product. I would be willing to bet that the stuff on that website is not REALLY "clearbra", its just what he calls it. That product sounds much more like the material they use to wrap the Rotor Blades on Helicopters. The only problem with the 12Mil stuff is that it is very difficult to work with, as it does not stretch. Unfortunatly, no one is set up to cut it either, so they will be cutting that product on your paint- EEEK!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My SRT got the 3M treatment though Ultrashield in Phoenix. They have precut custom 3M clear bras for the nose and lower hood section. I also had the side sills done. Best money you can spend on an SRT prior to mods. I think I spent somewhere in the neighorhood of 500 bucks for the whole set. Bob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte