4 Dealer Oil Changes for the price of one.

F

FrgMstr

Buddy of mine that is a Viper Tech turned me onto this. I have a 2005 SRT-10 that is still under warranty (see more on that below.) Chrysler has a program for 4 oil changes for the price of 1. First one you pay for and the next 3 are free. Not sure if you car has to be under warranty or not.

When I asked my service advisor, he baulked, but looked it up and found it. "Essential Care" Option - LOF24. YMMV.

Warranty - After getting the full pre-owned vehicle inspection service done on my 2005, it was then eligible for the Maximum Care warranty program. About $3000 for 3 years, unlimited miles. It has already paid for itself. (PS Pump and hoses, side view mirror, AC blower motor and relay replacement) Not sure if warranty is required to get the oil change deal.

Good luck! And please report back to this thread if it worked for you and what the stipulations where. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you folks really trust a :brainless: dealer to do this task properly??? Sorry, I'll take my oil from a bottle and not a hose, and in my own garage.

OP
OP
F

FrgMstr

Do you folks really trust a :brainless: dealer to do this task properly??? Sorry, I'll take my oil from a bottle and not a hose, and in my own garage.

Then certainly this is not for you. Disposing of the oil and filter around here is a PITA that I don't want to deal with.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then certainly this is not for you. Disposing of the oil and filter around here is a PITA that I don't want to deal with.
Around here even the Wal Mart takes used oil and all they require is signing a ledger. I drain the filter overnight and put it in the house trash. Anyway, you're a braver soul than I when it comes to accepting what happens in dealer service bays for even the simplest of tasks.

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a great dealer and fantastic viper tech out here in Ohio. I just e-mailed my service mgr to see if I qualify. I'll keep you posted.

OP
OP
F

FrgMstr

Around here even the Wal Mart takes used oil and all they require is signing a ledger. I drain the filter overnight and put it in the house trash. Anyway, you're a braver soul than I when it comes to accepting what happens in dealer service bays for even the simplest of tasks.

Jeez guys, it is a car not a child.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, it isn't something that you can just DUMP in your back yard, but almost ALL of the parts shops let you drop off your used oil in the DFW metroplex. You probably have a place around the corner and all you need to do is ask.

OP
OP
F

FrgMstr

Yes, it isn't something that you can just DUMP in your back yard, but almost ALL of the parts shops let you drop off your used oil in the DFW metroplex. You probably have a place around the corner and all you need to do is ask.

Thanks for the insight. I will still pay to have it done. Thanks.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just take the oil and filter to Jiffy Lube or EZ Lube and pay them about $25 counting tax. The Dealer is about $190 with tax for oil, filter and labor.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do my own for piece of mind. Now the Tahoe goes to a lube joint:D

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figure my $1800.00 four-post lift gives me about 18-20 oil changes before I hit my break-even point!! I must be getting close by now. You do realize that the waste oil dump stations make a pretty penny accepting your used oil. They aught to pay us for our donations. If you look at your EZ Lube receipt, you'll notice you also pay a waste oil disposal fee. What a joke. They MAKE $$$ on your used oil when the recylers buy it from them. They certainly don't pay to get rid of it that's for sure.

OP
OP
F

FrgMstr

Jesus Christ people. Yes we get it. Your are macho manly men and can change your own oil, good to you. This thread is for us that do not want to deal with the menial task as we have better things to do with our hours. You can change your oil, we don't effin care!

This thread is about a hell of a deal from Chrysler.

Back on topic: Please let us know if the deal works for you.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting back on track here....

Am I to assume that any Chrysler vehicle that is still under factory warranty will be covered?

Diesel trucks, Jeeps, etc??

Seems to good to be true! Have no clue how they cover the cost of that!

Now to see if this applies to Canada....;)

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get my local Chrysler/Dodge dealer to change it. I provide the oil and filter, they provide the Viper Tech to change it and give the car a visual inspection. Their charge? Only $20. I think that's a hell of a deal. And yes, their Viper tech is the only one who touches Vipers, even for menial oil changes. I will ask about this oil change special.

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure they actually change it the 2nd, 3rd and 4th visit?

j/k.

Good deal if you trust the particular dealer, for sure.