4 Post Lift in 10' garage?

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My garage ceiling is exactly 10 feet and I was thinking of a 4 post lift as my wife is thinking of getting her own toy (probably C6 convertible 6 speed). She really likes the Dodge Challenger, but I do not think it would fit. I think the Vette would fit. Any thoughts or experiences?

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im in the process as we speak. First add the height of both vehicles + 10 inches. If that number is less than the height of the garage ceiling the lift will work with your setup.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the lift must go up 3 to 4 inches higher than the final resting place so the stops can ratchet.

Last edited:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My friend has the four post BendPak. Both my Viper and Navigator fits on it.Doubt the Challenger has much longer wheelbase.I'll have to measure how high [ probably 30-40" off the floor] the car has to go for the first safety stop.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corvette under Viper no problem at all.
I've had my 70 Charger and CTS under the Viper, with a 6" light between the Viper and the 10 foot ceiling.

How close is the Challenger's height to an 04 CTS?

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If google is accurate, the CTS is 57.3 inches and the Challenger is 57, so I'd say either is no problem, as I had my CTS under the Viper with a light directly above the roof, giving me an actual working height of only 9'6". If the lift you buy has the same lock spacing anyways......

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corvette under Viper no problem at all.
I've had my 70 Charger and CTS under the Viper, with a 6" light between the Viper and the 10 foot ceiling.

How close is the Challenger's height to an 04 CTS?

Thanks for the picture. Looks like it might work. I will have to change my garage door to get it higher... I wonder how close a person could get the door to the ceiling when it is open like in your picture?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how close a person could get the door to the ceiling when it is open like in your picture?

I've got my door about eight inches from the ceiling when open. It would have been closer (more like three inches) but there would have been cutting into the roof of my garage which I didn't want to do.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you change out the conventional opener and chain drive system and replace it with a Steelcraft jackscrew opener 3800c, and install a high lift track upgrade for the door you can open your door so that you only loose about 3 inches from the ceiling to the underside of the door when completely open, thereby maximizing your lifts capability. It works on a screw-drive system which is fixed against the wall beside your door and pushes the door up the track, unlike a conventional door opener which uses a chain or belt to pull the door to its open position. It costs about $350 and the tack upgrade is about $80 Take a look on Youtube and you can see it work

Carmaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have two four posts lifts in a 10" garage. One lift has an 2006 Viper Coupe on top and a 2010 Challanger underneath. Both have about four inches of clearance and there is an eight foot floresent light above the Viper.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two four posts lifts in a 10" garage. One lift has an 2006 Viper Coupe on top and a 2010 Challanger underneath. Both have about four inches of clearance and there is an eight foot floresent light above the Viper.

Thanks for the info Carmaker!