4 Post Lift Recommendations?

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking about maybe getting a 4 post lift for my home garage but would like recommendations from those of you who have one. I would like to be able to lift the viper up and park another car under it giving me space in the garage for one more car. Suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks!

Dohhunter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a directlift 4 post.

Cost and reputation were my selling points. Cost mainly being due to the fact that being in Canada, I had access to only one distributor of 4 post lifts, and they sold the rotary brand, which were VERY high in the price range up here.

I was able to get the direct lift freighted up here to a loading dock and used a rented flatbed to pick it up. Assembled it myself with 2 buddies.

While it may be the cheapest alternative in the 4 post market, it is extremely well built, and I have not had any problems. It is not quite as "thick/tough looking" as some of the others, but I have not heard anything bad about them either. I have read through customer reviews/posts on most of the major message boards...corvetteforum, viperclub, camaroz28, ls1.com, ls1tech, ferrari, bmw and haven't heard many bad things about them.

However, being in the states, you have a few more options than I did, we get killed with duty and taxes up here.

I can get some pictures if you like.

Reaction score
Rotary is the number one supplier of commercial lifts followed by Bendpak. Both test their lifts as required for commercial sales. If a lift is not tested how do you know it is good?

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Cytech DoublePark, my uncle has another and his is 5 years old. Perfect, sturdy, well built, great welds.

Dohhunter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any that you guys have heard I should stay away from?

There was a post on corvetteforum.com that had one guy's 4 post collapse on him while raising, taking a '65 Stingray down onto his other corvette, it was a mess. I can't remember which lift it was though, I think it might have been a "perfect park" or a "double park".

Regardless, i believe the company made amends and fixed the problem, so I don't think that is much of an issue anymore.

BS99GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not recommend an AutoLifter's unit. I've had two problems with bearing failures and another problem with cylinder leakage.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any that you guys have heard I should stay away from?

There was a post on corvetteforum.com that had one guy's 4 post collapse on him while raising, taking a '65 Stingray down onto his other corvette, it was a mess. I can't remember which lift it was though, I think it might have been a "perfect park" or a "double park".

Regardless, i believe the company made amends and fixed the problem, so I don't think that is much of an issue anymore.

I spoke with this manufacturer, don't recall the name off the top off my head... It was the only incident ever with one of their lifts, the issue was an "improvement" that the person putting together the lift had attempted. The change to the assembly allowed a cable to come off a pulley. The manufacturer changed their design by welding on the component... so do it yourself engineers could not make the change any longer.

They did make ammends, and insurance paid for the car damages.

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search, lots of good info....after much research I went with the Revolution by Rotary lift. Top-rated safety and design should be your only concerns IMO. I don't want to be telling St. Peter "I saved a thousand dollars on the lift that killed me".

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The failed lift was indeed a Perfect Park (made by Lifts Unlimited). Jay is also correct in that the failure was caused by the owner not putting parts together right. They have re-engineered the part in question so there's no way to do it improperly in the future.

I did order a Perfect Park and I like the lift a lot. However, the manufacturing company they use is clueless. I had 90% of the lift sitting unassembled in my garage for over 4 months. The manufacturer kept sending incorrect cable lengths. I got so upset that I almost had them come and pick up the entire lift. If I had to do it over again, I would probably get a Rotary.

Reaction score
Suggest if you want a lift for a Viper that meets commercial testing and at a special low price stay tuned. Have been working with a major manufacture of commercial lifts for a VCA package. Their company is working on a special deal to be finalized soon(a week or perhaps two). Product emphasis is on Viper friendly functionality, Commercial strength, durability, reliability and last cost. This lift is designed for commercial use(cycling tens of times per day) but with size considerations allowing it to be used is a garage. It will require an air compressor for the safety lock. Some lifts use mechanical locks but it seems that commercial lifts require a more reliable safety system. (this is beyond my limited knowledge of lifts). FYI installation will also be an option offered. The concrete for installation has to meet this suppliers specifications for them to install the lift. Any lift can be dangerous without a good foundation. Stay tuned! I am putting a little twist on the requirements or options that the lift service Vipers and RAM QC SRT10's. :2tu:

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid $3,985 for the RPF7XLT (220 volt), shipped from Indiana to SoCal. Included were two drip trays, two jack trays, and caster kit. Very happy with the quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi