factory amp change

Robertoharo92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, good morning, I'm new here and I speak Spanish, so if something is written wrong, I'm sorry, it's the translator's fault.

I have a 2005 SRT10 convertible and I am going to replace the factory amp with an aftermarket one, and I just wanted to know where do you recommend running the battery power cable under the passenger seat, I am not looking at any space, If anyone has already done this and can help me.

thank you so much

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It can be pretty difficult with the convertible since the battery is in the trunk, which is completely separated from the passenger cabin. My car originally had a huge amp in the trunk when I bought it and they drilled some holes in the panel behind the seat to route the speaker wires from the amp into the cabin. I replaced that amp with one that fit under the seat and used those same holes to run power to it, but I don't really like the idea of putting holes there.

How much power are you thinking you need? The factory amp used two wires in parallel and was rated at 310 watts. Not sure how big of an amp you can even fit in the factory location and still fit under the seat, so if it's not too much higher power you might be able to just use the factory wires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21