Corsa exhaust install question

StumpDDS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello again everyone. I just finished installing Belanger headers, mid-pipes and cats. I'm now having an issue installing the Corsa exhaust, particularly the rear muffler assembly. Per the instructions Corsa states to begin by inserting the rear muffler assembly into position with lateral adjustment bar facing up. Done. Then push into place making sure adjustment bar "ends" fit into factory rubber hangers. Done. DO NOT attempt to secure rear muffler center mounting bracket to frame hanger at this time. Ok. that's fine and all but it seems the center mounting bracket was welded at least an inch or two too rearward. Plus the mounting bracket holes are an inch too narrow to secure it to the frame. Even positioning the rear muffler assembly more forwards to even line up the mounting bracket to the frame and the rear lateral adjustment bars fall out of the hangers. Pics included.

As you can see the ends of the lateral adjustment bars to the mounting bracket holes is 23 1/2" whereas the edges of the hangers to the frame hanger is 24". Additionally the holes on the frame hanger are spaced 2 1/2" apart and the mounting bracket holes on the Corsa are spaced 1 3/4" apart. Now either I'm an idiot or Corsa sent me the wrong rear muffler assembly.

Attachments

• IMG_2190.jpg
    IMG_2190.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2191.jpg
    IMG_2191.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2188.jpg
    IMG_2188.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2189.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
StumpDDS

StumpDDS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how far do the tips extend out the back?
They extend out the back by just over an inch at the furthest point. And even then with the lateral assembly barely into the rear hangers the center mounting bracket is 1-2" away from the frame hanger.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is the same problem as others then corsa sure know as their measurements/ jig is wrong.

wkooiman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine fit w/out any issues - 1998 GTS. I also had them on my 01 ACR. Those fit w/out any issues. It does sound like you have a problem on yours, though.

Blue Beast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly on my 96 GTS, I had to transfer a piece from the stock muffler to the Corsa muffler. That aligned everything. It was more than 15 years ago. Maybe something changed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala