4-post lifts at Cosctco

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you that have been considering a 4-post lift, Costco carries them. Online advertisement I received shows a Danmar 7000 lb. lift for $1899 delivered. Check out Costco.com for for specifications.

I have owned a 4-post lift for 6 years (different brand) and would not be without it. Fluid changes, general inspection, undercarriage cleaning, etc. is a breeze. Some questions typically asked.....ceiling height needs to be around 10.5' or higher (depending on what type of vehicle you plan to put beneath, may need to add section panel and extend side rails on garage door to clear car on lift when up, YES definitely anchor the four posts lift to the ground with HD cement fasteners for safety. :usa:

OP
OP
R

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I did not assmemble my own, but after watching the two guys that installed it, I could have save a few bucks as it did not seem like rocket science for anyone that his mechanically inclined and can read directions.

AndrewDoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading on their site (waiting to call), that:

"Due to the size of this equipment, the carrier will call you to arrange off loading options which may require additional charges. A forklift is required for off loading. If you do not have the means to unload the equipment at delivery, we have several options that can assist you. For delivery options call "

I'm gonna call when they open, I'll let you know. I imagine they have installers. I did speak with another company, and the guy said it was easy to install. You just need to drill holes in the floor/concrete to anchor it. The hard part is unloading it.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had mine delivered a few year ago the carrier had a lift gate and pallet jack...dropped it off right in front of garage door where it was going. Not that hard to install with 2 guys. Just needed to rent the proper drill/bit for going into cement floor-a must do.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My buddy has the Danmar7000 , and it's a great unit. Had my 6000lbs Navigator on it too test it ,no swaying even though the posts are not bolted to the floor.His cars only weigh 2340 lbs or less and wanted the hoist to be movable.Rear tires stick out a touch on both sides on the platform .

You must be registered for see images

The Noble's tires have about 4" both sides.The Viper is super WIDE :D

You must be registered for see images

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two ctech lifts and installed my self. If you have a trailer one that will hold a car or large tractor. go to the freight company and have them put it on your trailer. makes it much easier. than trying to load off a tractor trailer lift gate they are very heavy when pack for shipping. Two guys and about 4 hours and you will have installed. Very easy.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Costco carries the Dannmar lifts. It's the D7 and D7x. I have the D7X which is higher, wider and longer. These lifts are available from numerous dealers. I bought mine from Garage Equipment Supply because they gave me a great deal with all of the accessories I wanted. The Dannmar lifts are just re-badged previous generation Bend Pak lifts that they bought the rights to. I've had mine for about 6 months now and it's great. I had someone install it for $600 which included 10 quarts of transmission fluid. I probably could have done it myself but this guy was an authorized installer and it was guaranteed. I got the D7-X bcecause I needed the height but the best attribute is that the posts are far in the corners of the bay out of the way and it's much easier to pull my daily drive in and out. There are more of these lifts installed in private residences than any other I am told.

Here's the link to the thread I did on it.

http://forums.viperclub.org/general-viper-discussion/633587-dannmar-d7-x-4-post-lift-experience.html

AndrewDoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
v10enomous hooked me up!!!

This site, has a much better deal. $2049, delivered, including casters, jack plate, and oil pans.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading on their site (waiting to call), that:

"Due to the size of this equipment, the carrier will call you to arrange off loading options which may require additional charges. A forklift is required for off loading. If you do not have the means to unload the equipment at delivery, we have several options that can assist you. For delivery options call "

I'm gonna call when they open, I'll let you know. I imagine they have installers. I did speak with another company, and the guy said it was easy to install. You just need to drill holes in the floor/concrete to anchor it. The hard part is unloading it.
I think I'll buy this from Costco. I have a tractor loader that I could use for unloading.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instillation is a breeze--we did all of ours in the shop. Purchase or rent a hammer drill and buy some concrete anchors at home depot or lowes. Easy to do. Ours have been in for about 18 years with zero problems. You might need an electrician for the wiring if it's beyond you. We had an electrician do ours since they were 220 and no way would I mess with that. good luck

AndrewDoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that the right link, the price is higher and accessories are extra...

I have no idea why they still put that price up. I called to see what I could haggle, and there was none involved. He simply said, we are offering the D7x/7000x with casters, oil pans, and jack platform for $2049. You have to call, though.

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I've been toying with the idea of getting a lift next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960