Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marv,
No contest in my mind. The TeamTech's are the safest by far - the sternum strap prevents hyperextension of the chest and ribs between the shoulder straps in a hard collision. But it shouldn't come as a surprise that we are big fans of the TeamTechs.

More important is the question of 6 points versus 5. Research that PVO arranged to have presented at te Mid-Ohio Viper Days event indicates that 6 points are much safer than 5 points. The difference was rather dramatic...

So I will be more specific - our recommendation is 6 point harnesses from TeamTech....

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a question. Exactly what is the preferred 6-point mounting method in a coupe/sedan (as opposed to open wheel race car), especially the anti-sub straps?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith,

I would guess that the 6pt. anti-sub could be bolted to the REAR seat track studs, then fed thru between the lower seat cushion and the seatback. Or, perhaps you could use the lap belt anchors. Both of these mounting methods acknowledge the compromises caused by not wanting to cut a hole in the bottom seat cushion just to stick an anti-sub strap through it.

I think the point is that the pelvis needs to be restrained from moving forward in an accident.

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We use the lap belt anchor points for the anti-sub straps. This works very with our TeamTechs. And yes, the idea is to restrain the upper leg bones (and thus the pelvis) as best as possible. Amazingly enough one of the biggest reasons for using 6 points is that they reduce the amount of head and neck movement in heavy front collisions...