542/543 ci upgrade -- NON-LPE

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary the Prechiller guy has one....
Do a search. I have spoken to him before. He seemed to be very happy with the car.

Here is a link, and also his signature....
http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000257.html

Gary!! 1997 GTS 542 C.I., GTSR Heads, Crowler Cam,Honed intake, Aluminum Flywheel, 70mm throttle bodies,PreChiller AirBox, HyperSpeed Computer, open fuel system, SVS headers,Penske Sup.,WilWood brakes,Stillen Int.,EMI rollbar,PAINT and BODY Work by Fat Albert AZ. DNYO @ 589hp rw 619 ft lbs torque!

Regards,

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sheyster,

I don't know of any others, however as an aside to your question, I would urge you to compare LPE to other stroker motors on factors OTHER than simply price and horsepower. A friend of mine had his car done by LPE and got the chance to drive one of his 542 cars - the car was apparently as streetable as any other Viper - felt stock until you hit it.

Compare that to some of the other strokers I've seen that are tough to drive on the street.

Just my .02

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sheyster-
There are affordable options for you on the west coast. As 1Badgts mentioned, Dan Cragin has experience in this area and is located in So Cal. APEX Motorsports is located in the San Jose/Bay Area and we have researched this option as well. So far, using a STOCK BOTTOM END, our LETHAL 650 package achieved over 575 rwhp and over 590 rwtq on 'crappy' 91 Octane in CA. The cars still pass smog sniffers! This type of power is plenty for the street, but if you need more, we can help too. With a stroker motor increasing the displacement 50+ cubic inches and a stronger bottom end, you can expect significant torque and power gains over the LETHAL 650!!!!
When you step up to a stroker, it will be necessary to make some fuel system changes and custom computer tuning. We have an in-house dyno with 2 software programs to ensure your car is dialed in for maximum reliability and power.

If you have any questions, please call us. One of our team of 6 experts will be happy to help!
Good Luck!
-Wayne

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine