5yr/100k Powertrain Warranty on 2010's

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this new? Did the 08's have this warranty?

You must be registered for see images attach

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that's new - I noticed the exact same thing and was trying to figure out what the story is. I know that my '09 just came with a 3/36 for everything but corrosion and emissions (those are five years). I wonder if pricing on an extended warranty for the '10 cars is cheaper because of the extra powertrain manufacturer's warranty?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy cow, viper power & style, & now a 100K mile warranty, geesh, what else could you want ... next thing they'll include a clone of Megan Fox.

Way to go Dodge!

Swanny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just bought a '10 and I've been told it has the 5yr/100k. It's on the sticker, too, just like the picture above. The dealer (who sells many, many Vipers every year) hadn't heard about this change -- it just showed up on the sticker of the new '10s coming to his dealership. He made a call to corporate and they said that was correct but they wanted to take it up the chain further to make sure. I haven't heard anything further (that was about 10 days ago) so I'm assuming I have the 5yr/100k powertrain warranty.

Maybe a dealer out there can verify this.

Regarding any impact on the extended warranty --- it may not have any impact since pricing may have already been completed assuming the old 3yr/36k warranty was in effect. And, I wonder if these extended warranties for Vipers are already underpriced a bit since they may be based on cost modeling of higher volume vehicles and not adjusted upward enough for the cost of repairing a Viper. Just guessing on this one.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought a '10 and I've been told it has the 5yr/100k. It's on the sticker, too, just like the picture above. The dealer (who sells many, many Vipers every year) hadn't heard about this change -- it just showed up on the sticker of the new '10s coming to his dealership. He made a call to corporate and they said that was correct but they wanted to take it up the chain further to make sure. I haven't heard anything further (that was about 10 days ago) so I'm assuming I have the 5yr/100k powertrain warranty.

Maybe a dealer out there can verify this.

Regarding any impact on the extended warranty --- it may not have any impact since pricing may have already been completed assuming the old 3yr/36k warranty was in effect. And, I wonder if these extended warranties for Vipers are already underpriced a bit since they may be based on cost modeling of higher volume vehicles and not adjusted upward enough for the cost of repairing a Viper. Just guessing on this one.

I tried to do some quick checking, but it appears the pricing isn't out yet on the Max Care warranties for the '10 cars. I will say, though, that a 7/50 Max Care warranty with zero deductible on an '09 ACR was dirt cheap in my opinion... I guess they figure people will track their cars and the warranties will automatically be voided, so they make them cheap :)

BPAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the 2010 Chrysler Group Models were launched last fall, Chrysler announced they were moving from the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty to a 5/100 Powertrain Warranty, and the SRT and Cummins models that were previously excluded would now be included in the warranty. See note below from bulletin D-09-23:

"This “NEW” 5/100 Powertrain Warranty stays on the vehicle, regardless of ownership. The Powertrain Limited Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair a covered powertrain component – gasoline engine, diesel (except Ram Chassis Cab and Sprinter) transmission and drive systems (FWD, AWD, RWD or 4WD. The 5-year/100,000 mile Powertrain Limited Warranty covers the cost of towing a vehicle to nearest authorized Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep dealer if the vehicle cannot be driven because a covered part failed.

Important: All Sprinter and Ram Diesel Chassis Cab are excluded from this coverage. Excluded vehicles will have the 3 year or 36,000 miles Basic Limited Limited Warranty regardless of ownership. Cummins Engines will continue to have a 5 year or 100,000 miles warranty regardless of ownership.

SRT Vehicles (including Viper) as well as police, limousine, taxi, ambulance, postal, rental and government (fleet) vehicles will be included in the 5/100 Powertrain coverage."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang