6th Gear - Why?

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have mine in the shop right now getting 3:55's...I was driving in sixth around 60-65 when i first got the car,but a couple weeks ago it started bucking on me when i went to sixth and i thought something was wrong because i had used it before . I had some other issues that affected it too though. Still was strange i used it so long without any problems at 60 and above ,then one day it started acting up.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have mine in the shop right now getting 3:55's...I was driving in sixth around 60-65 when i first got the car,but a couple weeks ago it started bucking on me when i went to sixth and i thought something was wrong because i had used it before . I had some other issues that affected it too though. Still was strange i used it so long without any problems at 60 and above ,then one day it started acting up.

Check all your plugs? My car had this happen, where it felt like it was coughing haha, plugs were bad, my truck did the exact same thing... oh so did my friends Cobra. I think we got bad gas... he wasn't so futunate and ruined his engine.

I see no problem with current gears and 6th, it is for fuel efficiency, I have no desire to race/pass in 6th gear.

I heard a stupid car salesman when I was with a friend looking at GTO's. He said, "it has 6 gears, but you won't use 6th as you can't go fast enough on city streets." WHAT AN IDIOT! And if anyone here thinks like this guy, I hope someone smacks you soon.
:drive:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
went for a 2hour highway ride yesterday, 800+rwhp, 85 mph and over 24MPG.

if you haven't used 6th gear, you are not driving it enough IMO.

6th gear is strictly for cruising, do not try to accelerate with it. if your car is bucking at 80mph in 6th, your car has issues. fix them before you change gears.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness