700 hp mod

Discussion in 'Performance Modifications' started by jjrho, Aug 13, 2014.

1. jjrho

jjrho Enthusiast

just got a TA.... other than hennessy mod...is there some factory mod for getting 700hp? just curious... 640 is plenty but you know how it is... :)

2. mjorgensen Woodhouse

mjorgensen Woodhouse VCA Member - West

Headers and a PCM... but there is no PCM... yet.

3. Boxer12

Boxer12 Viper Owner

Mark, I think you've installed (on the G5) and guys are running headers and race exhaust without the PCM..how much HP are they showing on the dyno? and why would the PCM increase the HP and how much?

4. mjorgensen Woodhouse

mjorgensen Woodhouse VCA Member - West

We have done quite a few "baseline" pulls, but the only header pulls we havehad the chance to do are on cars we did not baseline. If you look at what we were getting on almost every base car we did (the dyno we use is very conservative)and then the results of the header cars it shows anywhere from 20-35hp gain although the A/F is still rich because of the factory PCM they have a hard time making much power out of a 10:1 A/F. The Off Road PCM will eliminate this terribly over rich condition and the combination PCM and headers should beworth a very strong 50+hp.

5. johniew398

johniew398 Enthusiast

I'm running Belangers and Corsa on my TA installed by Woodhouse. I was told to expect 40 - 60 HP gain although I've never dyno'd it.

6. cschiear@gmail.com

[email protected] Enthusiast

John

I have a set of Corsa. How long would you think it take to install a set? It looks easy if you have a lift its on a 2010 Thses are for stock headers.

thanks

7. Dave1968

Dave1968 Enthusiast

Is the noise level much more with those exhaust upgrades? I've been searching for a supercharger kit, but of course I think it's too early. Is there a link to ask/check with the boys at SRT to see if they can provide some info? I'd even be willing to buy an SRT supercharger package as I know it would work without any conflict issues. Thx. for any info.

8. ViperPete

ViperPete Viper Owner

www.jmbperformance.com

Justin has built many Supercharged/turbo Viper trucks and Vipers. I would imagine he could build you whatever you wanted.