700 HP Naturally Aspirated Gen III Engine

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Umm. I think your trying to change the subject here. Heres my dyno graph. Lets see yours, or tell us the #s. Also when you said Dan Cragin tuned your car. Did you take, send your GTS to him? Or did you just send him your stock PCM?

You must be registered for see images attach

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not a drag racer I do road course events.. So what did your car put down?
580 its in my previous post .If Dan Craigen did your engine feel free to ask him as he sold me alot of parts ect.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm. I think your trying to change the subject here. Heres my dyno graph. Lets see yours, or tell us the #s. Also when you said Dan Cragin tuned your car. Did you take, send your GTS to him? Or did you just send him your stock PCM?

You must be registered for see images attach
132 MPH trap speed thats the number the dyno sheet you provided can be manipulated left and right =its worthless you can not manipulate a trap speed on stock tires.You not a drag racer you dont understand the difference between ET TRAP SPEED ECT.WHEN I FIRST PUT THE CAR TOGETHER IN 96 THERE WAS NO Dfi ECT AVAIL (Dan did the PCM when they became available recalibrated it to work better with the Perfect Power.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
580 on a fully built BIG cam 11.0 to1 compression, thats it?? Jesus Christ..
ALRIGHT MAKE IT 700 TO THE TIRE THEN .WHEN YOU RUN 11.2 AT 132 ON STOCK TIRES COME BACK AND TALK TO ME untill then any posted dyno sheet graph is BS .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the mods you listed and said. Your numbers dont add up..
You dont understand what iam saying your relying on a dyno number thats not as precise as you think it is esp, a Chasis dyno .Alot of factors can influence the number .I dynoed with 3.55 gears if i were to go back to 3.07 the car would probably go up to 625 .A buddy of mine (Vca NJ) Joe Scogosa dynoes the same place as i do Bob Idas .(He ran the same basic set up -smaller came no bottom end )The first time he ever dynoed his car he laid down a figure 25 horsepower more than i ever made .At the VCA Nats we let Smith drive both cars and his car was 4 mph near mine BUT that one time he dynoed higher .

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You dont understand what iam saying your relying on a dyno number thats not as precise as you think it is esp, a Chasis dyno .Alot of factors can influence the number .I dynoed with 3.55 gears if i were to go back to 3.07 the car would probably go up to 625 .A buddy of mine (Vca NJ) Joe Scogosa dynoes the same place as i do Bob Idas .(He ran the same basic set up -smaller came no bottom end )The first time he ever dynoed his car he laid down a figure 25 horsepower more than i ever made .At the VCA Nats we let Smith drive both cars and his car was 4 mph near mine BUT that one time he dynoed higher .

from 580 to 625? :lmao: Please..BTW I have 3:55 gears with the 3:07s Its only like a 10rwhp difference. So my car would of made 10 more rwhp if I had the stock gearing..

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
from 580 to 625? :lmao: Please..BTW I have 3:55 gears with the 3:07s Its only like a 10rwhp difference. So my car would of made 10 more rwhp if I had the stock gearing..
Its irrevelant since you dont race your car too many variables explain why my buddy dynoed 25 horsepower more than i ever did and his car driven by the same driver at the same track on the same day was much slower .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instead of racing on paper why not go to your local track as see if you can run an 11.2 at 132 on stock tires

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5200 674.3 745.8 667.6 738.4 1.082 653.0
5300 663.7 734.1 669.8 740.8* 1.068 646.5
5400 648.3 717.0 666.6 737.3 1.071 645.3
I find it interesting that a large cam motor with very high flowing heads still has it HP peak at 5,300 rpm just like a stock Viper engine. I would have thought the power peak would be significantly higher - more like an 08/09.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shiiiiit...I did that on my 488ci motor with no timing:D
Thats the problem anyone and everyone can come up with a dyno sheet with a figure (HMS has made a living of doing this very thing )not everything can come up with a trap speed at the end of a quarter mile.Either the car runs it or it does not .Not relying on correction factors ,different dyno types ,rear end ratios ,engine temp during pulls ect ect ect .

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats the problem anyone and everyone can come up with a dyno sheet with a figure (HMS has made a living of doing this very thing ).

So are you trying to say that Dan Cragin at DC Performance one of the most respected Viper tuners, builder fabricated and lied about my dyno sheet?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are you trying to say that Dan Cragin at DC Performance one of the most respected Viper tuners, builder fabricated and lied about my dyno sheet?
He did not lie ALL DYNOS read differently = you CAN NOT compare-race dyno sheets and say one car is making more power than another THE ONLY WAY to tell that is go to the track same day same track same driver and run them .

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to add that yes, trap speed is a great way to measure horsepower. However, it still depends somewhat on the driver. I have seen two different drivers trap 8-10 mph apart in the same car.

Some dudes just can't drive (shift fast).

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did not lie ALL DYNOS read differently = you CAN NOT compare-race dyno sheets and say one car is making more power than another THE ONLY WAY to tell that is go to the track same day same track same driver and run them .
This case in particular your comparing one Viper Never been raced that has only a top end kit using the stock head casting (probably RUNNING CATS )to another with basically a full blown Built RACE engine no cats ,different heads that was raced all over the place for 10 years and DYNO bench racing them.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you would have to have the same car, same day, same track, same driver to really compare

its the same as bench racing except using a track if not

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to add that yes, trap speed is a great way to measure horsepower. However, it still depends somewhat on the driver. I have seen two different drivers trap 8-10 mph apart in the same car.

Some dudes just can't drive (shift fast).
Exactly thats why i said you need the same driver (pro ability )same day same track running BOTH CARS.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you would have to have the same car, same day, same track, same driver to really compare

its the same as bench racing except using a track if not
Plum these guys go by these damn dyno numbers like they are Gospal.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Another way to do this is to have both cars dynoed on the same day and same dyno Wouldnt you agree? That said, my car has only been dynoed on Dan's dyno no where else. From when it had only boltons, to just heads, and so on..

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another way to do this is to have both cars dynoed on the same day and same dyno Wouldnt you agree? That said, my car has only been dynoed on Dan's dyno no where else. From when it had only boltons, to just heads, and so on..
Yes its certainly alot more precise that way .Once again though i use the SAME DYNO as Scogaza One day the dyno read he made more [power (25 )more than i ever did yet the cars are not simular as he had bolt ons like your self .

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes its certainly alot more precise that way .Once again though i use the SAME DYNO as Scogaza One day the dyno read he made more [power (25 )more than i ever did yet the cars are not simular as he had bolt ons like your self .

There are variables in everything. A little gust of wind could hinder your trap speed MPH..;)

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are variables in everything. A little gust of wind could hinder your trap speed MPH..;)
Thats funny .If your truely making 50 to the tire more than i am your car should CONSISTANTLY trap an easy 3-4 mph more.Thats why its such a great barometer.Thats why i said to go to a sea level track with a good driver ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSES if your making 625 to the tire thats an easy 133 plus trap speed .Stock 08 run 130s .Get an expert driver same day same track to run YOUR CAR and a Gen 4 if you cant beat the Gen 4 you are not making the power indicative of what that PARTICULAR dyno is saying.(AND NONE of this BS i pulled next to an 08 and raced side by side .Put the same drver in both cars )

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it interesting that a large cam motor with very high flowing heads still has it HP peak at 5,300 rpm just like a stock Viper engine. I would have thought the power peak would be significantly higher - more like an 08/09.
It should(move the power band a few hundreds higher ) not that Chriss would notice anyway.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It should(move the power band a few hundreds higher ) not that Chriss would notice anyway.
Thats true. We all can't be a legendary race car driver, and a top mechanic, who knows everyone and is admired, and has owned several Vipers, like you. We can all aspire though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi