720+ RWHP Creampuff combo

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have finished installing a paxton kit (kit right out of the box) on one of our package (head, cam, etc) cars. After doing the dyno, we took it down to the local smog station to put it to the 'sniffer' test. Pretty cool, pumpgas, clean burning, and GOBS of power. Look at the dyno and smog pics attached.

You must be registered for see images
<br>
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, stock bottom end. That is what is keeping the Paxton kit from being modified with the 'goodies' for more boost. (pullies, front mount and a bigger fuel system....) This car was at 540RWHP at first with our package, then the paxton was added.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is with the stock fuel system? Was the PCM programmed to compensate for the Paxton too?

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock 'paxton' fuel system, yes. It drives the fuel pressure to 100psi at 6k RPM which covers the fuel needs. The car had the factory fuel system only when on the motor, just PCM mod for enrichment to cover the heads, cam, exhaust, etc.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's excellent power for a cast piston car. Cast pistons should be ok as long as the tune is good.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RedGTS - the tune is of huge importance. I would like nothing more than to try a pulley and run 13PSI - but with the cast pistons we are at the safety limit. I have another one of our cars coming back for a SC and I will run 13psi on it. (forged motor) Expecting 850-900RWHP

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another baseline car done - 97 GTS with exhaust only. Paxton kit set at stock 7.5psi made 584rwhp. Will be changing the pulley in a week or so and will log the dyno sheet in this thread.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jason you achieved the above with a different fuel system than the stock injectors and the fuel kit supplied by Paxton? Nothing else?

You stayed with the 8:1 FCU shim and didn't mess with the stock fuel system?

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We used the stock fuel system provided by paxton and we also use stock injectors and stock fuel pump. We do shim the FMU to our own specs and the PCM is flashed with a new fuel surface to provide a lower A/F for the extra margin of safety. Lastly, some changes are made to the split sec that also help with power.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran the car at the 'Mopars at the Strip' event this weekend. Had a lot of fun. Tried going easy on the launches so I would not be purchasing a set of halfshafts for my customer and I still managed to run 11.05 @ 133 in it. The paxton kit is still at the 'warranty' 7.5psi and the car is just GREAT! My last launch spun hard in second and 'unloaded' the tires causing a momentary, SCARY, left/right/left/right correction that was a prefect ending to a VERY hot day in Vegas.