9.92 @ 150 Video

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
confused.gif
crying.gif
Its not complete.....If that was the 9.9 @ 150 run then that car has alot more in it...That was really a soft launch..With the right launch that maybe a 9.5 @ 150-153....I love how that car sounds...Its clean throughout the rev range even with NOS...Whatever maybe going on with HMS right now, you gotta give him credit for building this masterpiece.........

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok maybe I got carried away with that "masterpiece" crap
biggrin.gif
But everytime I see a video and hear that car it makes the hairs on my neck stand up.....Im into alot of Import and Domestic racing and usually you hear cars with that kind of power breaking up down the 1/4 mile....Especially on NOS....This V800 is clean throughout the rev range...That is evidence of very good tuning....Anyone has the complete video??

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Taig would agree! Great tuning and many, many dollars sunk into it. I wonder how fast I could make my car with $140,000.00 + of free money!

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TJ Booker:
It has not lost a street race.

TJ[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw the video of that car getting beat by Bryce's Supra.It was nasty.Not flaming just keeping things real.In the TTs defense I think it ran 8 lbs against the Supra.Theyll have to do it again.

Joe

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vreracing:
The only way to make it better would be to add some major stars to it.

Needs some major stars

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahaha...That was hilarious Vreracing....Im saving this one
laugh.gif

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LT-5@redline:

LOL...TTBADBOY,

That was at 8 PSI w/ NO NOS; in a 330+ RWHP weaker state of tune than it is now. There's NO street legal supra this Viper wouldn't blow the doors off in it's current (still mild) state of tune (on the highway). Also, this reliable motor it's running on has A LOT more in it being it's still a bone stock bottom end (9.1 compression ratio). With a built low compression bottom end 22+psi is an everyday event and 1400+RWHP become a reality in a street car ! These Viper guys are really nutz
smile.gif
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LT-5 I think there is a certain street Supra owned by a Viper owning member of this board that would disagree with you....It trapped 4 mph higher than the V800 in its currant state of tune...I think his Supra makes less rwhp than the V800 and still does 9.8 @ 154mph....You cant take the Supra lightly..

Now I agree with you that if someone was to build the v10 up to run massive boost its lights out to almost any street car including the fastest Supras out there...But that still wont diminish the Supra's reputation...Its only natural that if you went balls to the wall with both cars the Viper would come out on top...It has a tremendous advantage in displacement thus its gains are gonna be more than the 3L Supra....But you still gotta respect the Supra for what it can do.....

Just like how Supra guys gotta respect what a turbocharged Civic can do...It has much less displacement than there 3L Supra engine but it can make comparable power to them and coupled with is much lighter weight they are Supra killers...Even GSX/Talons are notorious Supra killers....There is always someone faster...Its all about the money....Nowadays you cant afford to take any car lightly....I got blasted by an 11 sec Geo Storm[Isuzu] coming back from Englishtown about two years ago....I insisted to my friends it was a Lotus Esprit
laugh.gif
only to have them see it up close and personal two weeks later at Atco
pissed.gif
Needless to say I take no car lightly anymore....

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LT-5@redline:

Snakebitten,

Well said, now I agree with you on that. I think (along with MANY others) that the Viper is the fastest "mass-production" platform there is out there. Not just against the regulars like Vettes, Supras, NSX's, Mustangs, etc, etc. but almost anything out there. With 10 cylinders and 8 liters (with 9 liter stroker capability) + mega boost in a 50/50 weight distribution huge rolling stock wheels/tires space frame chassis it's impossible to beat for the money. Yes, Mclarens, F40s, Saleen S7s, etc. mega $$$ cars could still beat it and have yet even more potential but would be VERY $$$. Vipers are awesome values for the exotic appeal, performance, bragging rights, and ultimate potential for the money. More than any other car out there right now, period.

Once again, you are right though, one can not take any car lightly anymore with the aftermarket technology there is available out there. It's makes ridiculously awesome performance a reality for almost any type of car out there. The fastest Neon in the country does high 8 at 157 MPH trap speeds !!!

PS: The thing with the "Isuzu" story was hilarious (a Lotus huh ?? LOL...I would of said the same)
smile.gif
smile.gif
...You have much class, later bud
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LT-5 thanks man....I saw that Neon at Englishtown...It was the fastest in its class...They make a big deal about the Civic's, which deserve it, but they dont dwell on the faster Neon...Such is the case with Import racing.....I remember about 2 years ago at Englishtown during an Import event they brought out 2 big block American cars....One did 8.5[I think] on pump gas and the guy drove from his shop in NJ...Cant remember the name..But he is well known...It was a green car...The crowd hoop and hollared after the run then some around me proceeded to curse the car for being a dinosaur POS.......It seems that ignorance is a by-product of passion...

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like Honda's but that Neon is not the fastest in it's class. The fastest FWD Honda runs an 8.0X at ~175 MPH, it's likely to break into the 7's this season.

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Supra:
I don't like Honda's but that Neon is not the fastest in it's class. The fastest FWD Honda runs an 8.0X at ~175 MPH, it's likely to break into the 7's this season.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those Neons arent in Stephan Papadakis class. ..He has a tube chasis car like Vinny and Paisley..But unlike those two he doesnt have any factory parts, from chassis to body...Its not an actual Civic body. No part of his 8 sec car is a factory Civic..It only has its likeness a la Funny Cars ....

The Neons are in the unibody[actual factory chasis and body]class with the Civic's like Jojo Callos etc if Im not mistaken....All in the low 9's.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine