94 RT10 on Ebay No Reserve

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree that the price was cheap but the car was in very rough condition and thats why I think the money was not there! Some one bought a great track car at a good price!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont trust these Ebay auctions... I think in half of these "No Reserve" auctions. The sellers are just fishing for a buyer... If the numbers arent right. They might have one of their "buddies" throw a last minute bid in..

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine through e-bay. I used the "online" negotiating tool and then went and met with the guy and checked out the car. It was a great experience. I would do it again. That being said, there are A LOT of scammers out there and I took my time when shopping on e-bay.

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's many resources available to help a prospective Viper owner through the process of purchasing a car off of eBay<i>if</i> you're diligent and patient. If you get screwed it's usually due to being a ******* or impatient.

I've bought two Vipers on eBay and both cars were well worth the money.

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1 car I looked at on ebay had a few problems like not idling when warm, a/c only worked for 5 min. before shutting down.

Star City Motors told me that he bought an ebay car and the transmission had to be replaced when he got it.

I look, but I'll never buy without seeing and driving. I got ripped off on quite a few things on ebay, not to mention seeing my modified 88 Daytona Z on ebay auction listed as living in NS. I also found 5 frauds when I was looking on ebay for my Stealth R/T TT.

On the other hand it's good to hear from a couple people that were happy buying cars on ebay.

Ted

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my car off AutoTrader.com. I had the guy take it to a Viper tech to be checked out, had everything faxed to me and then called and talked to the Service Manager about it. I rode up to NC, checked the car out myself, test drove it, handed the guy a check and headed back to GA with a VIPER! My 1st stop was a gas station. My 2nd stop was a ******* in Atlanta. Not a whole lot has changed since 2005 :D

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends. I bought a luxury car off of a gentlemen that will remain nameless, but he was a top executive, and I mean TOP, for a fast food company. He wanted a new Mercedes and the dealership was giving him nothing for his trade in. The guy could have bought the dealership, but he is not stupid. He listed the trade in car on eBay. I bought it. Came with a warranty (bumper to bumper). Have the car now. Never a problem with it years later. I saved tens of thousands of dollars.

You have to know what you are looking for.

Vipera

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought one of my Vipers from an exotic car dealer on Ebay. I was surfing the site and ran across it. Made a call and bought it. Flew out and drove it from Atlanta back to Calli. The salesman told me a little old lady, (well actually a little old man) drove it back and forth to church each week, NO JOKE that's what the owner told him...
He couldn't handle it so he traded it in for a Mercedes. it was a 2001 and I bought it in 2003 with only 5,000 miles on it. Now it has over 70K miles on it and has not been in the shop once... this week.:smirk: