94 Slave cylinder

RapidTransit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm dropping the trans and at the step to disconnect the quick disconnect for the slave cyl..I don't have the special tool, is there an alternative? Thanks in advance!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Follow the hose from the master cylinder (up at the footbox) down to the connection. This hose is covered with a heat protection cloth. There are two ends for the "quick disconnect" pair and on the pedal side the fitting has a white plastic ring around it. You need to push the quick disconnect pair together and then also push the white plastic ring, which unlocks the quick disconnect. I can only look at the used master cylinder I have, so I may be forgetting that the white plastic ring is covered by a black plastic cover. I have disconnected this a few times, never with the tool. I think I only used a small screwdriver to poke the white ring into the unlock position. It is not spring loaded, so if you push, it will stay. Good luck.

OP
OP
R

RapidTransit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tom, took a while for my brain to figure out what you wrote. Then the light went on! Two minutes later....success!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang