97 GTS aftermarket gauge replacement

SUPRAMN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my dash out at the moment for upgrades and I have changed out the 4 small gauges on the dash to autometer competition series.

In that competition series they have a speedo and tach that are 3 3/8" size and I am wandering if they are the same size as what is in the factory location.

It would look great to have them all match.

Also on the speedo would i be able to use the Autometer odometer as it is digital and the factory is mechanical.

Thanks

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pics for sure. I plan on at least putting true white LED's in mine when the dash is out over the winter for the interior project, that yellowish tint has to go!

OP
OP
S

SUPRAMN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can I post pics yet. I was asking a question to see if something could be done and nobody knows. If I can get this to work I will post some

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my dash out at the moment for upgrades and I have changed out the 4 small gauges on the dash to autometer competition series.

In that competition series they have a speedo and tach that are 3 3/8" size and I am wandering if they are the same size as what is in the factory location.

It would look great to have them all match.

Also on the speedo would i be able to use the Autometer odometer as it is digital and the factory is mechanical.

Thanks

How can I post pics yet. I was asking a question to see if something could be done and nobody knows. If I can get this to work I will post some

With a camera and a computer? :dunno:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he is trying to get an answer to this question first:

In that competition series they have a speedo and tach that are 3 3/8" size and I am wondering if they are the same size as what is in the factory location?

JEGS has a nice page on these gauges, showing (what looks like) the complete array of gauges offered:

Auto Meter Competition Series Gauges - JEGS

Someone must know the diameter of the stock speedo/tach!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he is trying to get an answer to this question first:

In that competition series they have a speedo and tach that are 3 3/8" size and I am wondering if they are the same size as what is in the factory location?

We will not allow his path forward to be a ransom note for our desire to see his progress to date. :lmao:

OP
OP
S

SUPRAMN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the pics

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
S

SUPRAMN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pictures distort the weave somewhat but it is Italian leather that is weaved like carbon fiber.

OP
OP
S

SUPRAMN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not do it, it was done by vipers by elite in Florida. The dash was a nightmare. Getting the stitching right around the gauges where it curves was very hard and it took several takes to get it.

I just got the car back so not many pics yet

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it...you should've done the door handles as well...I m getting custom guage overlays made for my car which will be red with black...will post pics once I've them installed...

Last edited:

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it...you should've done the door handles as well...I m getting custom guage overlays made for my car which will be red with black...will post pics once I've them installed...

I thought the guages are sealed?

There is a process for adding the mileage

If you go back to stock how does the original mechanical odometer get adjusted to match actual mileage?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang