'97 GTS Questions??

SteveMat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \'97 GTS Questions??

Check the classified, my 97 GTS is for sale. All recalls have been done, factory warranty good until Jan 05. Price negotiable...

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Also check the classifieds for mine.......its a 97 GTS Red, priced at $43,900!!! and only 15,325 miles, its NICE!

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know this is an old thread, but I need a little help from the Viper Community. I recently purchased a 97' B/W and have been fixing little things here and their to get it up to standards (door adjustments, tune-up, etc).

I have discovered that there is a slight oil leak that is coming from the right side of the car that drips onto the oil pressure sensor. It is somewhere around where the coolant resevoir is on the engine I think. What is this? could it be a part of the recall that should have been done? Can I still have it performed this late in the car's history.

I know recall 998 was performed on the car but is there another one that should have been done also. The oil leak is about the size of an eraser head every other day (overnight). Is this serious? The car has 30,000 miles on it. I really hope it is not.

And one last question, can the Viper clutches be bleed? Or is it done automatically, or something like that. Yes, I have a service manual coming soon, please just bear with me a little I am a newbie.

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

oil leaks are a sign of character :D leave it so you can remember everywhere you have been. You should see my mother in laws driveway :headbang:

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I would not worry much about the oil leak but I would try to find it and fix it. It could be from oil lines to the oil cooler. The oil filter is also on the right front of the engine. I would just start looking for it by cleaning any oil on the car off and look to see where it comes from.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a '98 GTS that drips a bit also, taking it in again to have it looked at and hopefully fixed. Will let you know what my fix is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant