97 Rear Right Caliper help

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I ordered a rebuilt rear caliper from Auto Parts Warehouse.com and it comes in and we go to install it and it is way to small, even with it all the way in the pads won't even fit.

Now I am trying to exchange it for another one, but we have to figure out which one they sent me before I can do that.

I'm on my way back to the shop to get both calipers and I will take pictures of both.

PS. I have a 1997 GTS

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the one I bought:
Centric Rear, Passenger Side Brake Caliper Semi-Loaded

Description: CENTRIC SEMI-LOADED BRAKE CALIPER, REMANUFACTURED, SOLD INDIVIDUALLY -- 36 mm bore diameter; Includes mounting hardware; Does not include brake pads; Engineered to meet or exceed OE specifications for a worry-free performance; Tumble blasted with steel shot to achieve good-as-new condition; Treated with anti-corrosion finish; 100 percent pressure tested and inspected to guarantee proper operation.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I am thinking they sent me one of a newer GTS, with abs maybe?

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not the ABS caliper, ABS version would be 43mm piston size and the marking on the caliper(s) says 36. Also, the ABS caliper has a bracket system to attach to the upright.

Flip the casting over and look for the part number - it will be next to the hole for the parking brake guide. The Viper version is 22.5278.00 or 22.5279.00. If the new one has a different number, then they sent you a caliper for a Renault Alliance. They are identical internally and almost identical externally. The Alliance caliper uses the same pads, but had a thinner rotor.

You can read all about it here: Brembo History

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4