99 RT/10 hardtop rattle

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an area on my hardtop, the passenger side rear connector that rattles. When I reach up and hold it when I drive, it doesnt clap back and forth and make any noise, so I'm just coming on to ask some suggestions. I'm guessing putting a foam "boot" around the clips would stop them from making noise vibrating between eachother, but maybe someone else has done otherwise.

Any quick suggestions?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard that the connectors can loosen up and need to be adjusted from time to time. Worst case being that the top lifts off under heavy acceleration. Damaging the top and the windshield post.

S

Stang7900

I wrapped mine in some duct tape. also put some cut clear plasit hose over my front connectors to reduce the rattles upfront too.

Steve
99 rt10

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I purchased mine, I found the front passenger side connector to be loose. I took it off and found one of the e-clips that allows it to swivel but keeps the connector tight, was missing. I replaced it, fit is awesome now.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My r/t had a bad creaking sound coming from the hard top. i put armorall on the rubber trim and it stop doing it for a while.

Hot Rod

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chris:

The rear clips are adjustable. I found this to be a two person job but after removing the hardtop, you'll find that the rear clip travel can be adjusted with a screwdriver. You need to shorten it slightly so that there is more downforce. This should eliminate the rattle.