A BLACK DAY HAS COME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ATTENTION! This is a very sad day! I have just been informed that as of today, all employees at the Conner Ave Plant have been released from their jobs! Whatever Vipers have been made up to this point is all there will be, NO GENERATION 4! This came from an inside source! I hope that I have wrong information, I cannot believe it myself, but the Viper project has been SCRAPPED! They will be selling all assembled cars, but that is it. I never thought I would see this day come. Please don't hate me for breaking this news, but I thought that everyone should know.

Edit by Lee. A phone call to Bill Pemberton who subsequently called some top marketing types at Dodge reveals this to not be true. :2tu:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: A BLACK DAY HAS COME! No More VIPERS!

I hope to helll your wrong.

I just felt the color leave my face, cause this would not be good.

Where are the caap poster on the forum?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The plant is just temporarily shutting down. We've all been reading about it for months. No need to be alarmed.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok, that's pretty radical news, and it is no where else on the web or news. Perhaps you could be kind enough to let us know your source as to there is no more fourth generation Viper statement? I would think a layoff would be normal at this point as production is just shutting down as planned for 06 and will not resume till after the first of the year. So a temporary layoff would be expected.

OP
OP
V

Venom500

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Our source is from a Chrysler dealer employee who used to be on Team Viper and still has some connections, I definitely hope that this is wrong, but I have been told that this is IT, it is over! He said that there will be no more VIPERS! I PRAY this is information is either incomplete or wrong. He has never led me astray before!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think thats going to happen although personally I could care less with what the price of the vipers are right now any tom, dick and harry can pick one up. I don't like that...

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lee - I was pretty sure this info was wrong, but thanks for checking it out and getting confirmation that this info was wrong.

Reaction score

I was there!!! I watched as they emptied their lockers and packed their bags!! They won't even be allowed back in to get anything they forgot and the plant itself will be converted to the SRT-2, a High Performance V-Twin motorcycle produced by Bodge. Lucky for Bodge they'll only have to deal with one letter on the sign!!! LOL! :)

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

Even if the Viper program is cancelled today, sooner or later it would come back, when Chrysler's position improves.

Looking at the finacial shape that chrysler is in, and by the way that Vipers are selling below invoice, it would not surprise me one bit that the program is scrapped or the Viper demoted to a "vette fighter"

If that was the case, I'd be buyinig my Paxton tomorrow.. I am just waiting to see what the 08 will look like.

Cheers.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I don't think thats going to happen although personally I could care less with what the price of the vipers are right now any tom, dick and harry can pick one up. I don't like that...

I wouldn't car if everyone drove a Viper as long as I was getting as much fun out of mine as I am getting.

If driving something relatively rare or unique is your goal, I've found when I'm over 1000 miles from home (say in anywhere in New England with Iowa plates) in my '61 Corvette people are agast and can't believe I DROVE it that far!!!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay gang, I am going to comment, give you the facts, and then close this thread permanently:

First off, this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that the Viper program does not need - rumors. With the utmost respect to a fellow Viper owner (Venom500), this IS A COMPLETELY UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMOR FROM SOMEONE NOT EVEN EMPLOYED BY DCX. And with all due respect for the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealers out there, how many have given ACCURATE information on corporate goings on as it happens? Not too many. Was it backed up by a SINGLE DCX employee? Reported by Automotive News (they send "alerts" within minutes of such major things being announced - and I received nothing)? Rest assured that if that plant permanently closed you would be getting it from a slew of different sources within minutes - not a friend who works at a Dodge dealer that used to work in Detroit.

FACT: The Conner Avenue Plant did NOT permanently lay off anybody today. FACT: The Viper program is 100% a "go" as of 7:00 Central time when I spoke directly with somebody from Team Viper. Make that "Somebody" with a capital "S". While I won't speak on behalf of your incoming National officers for 2007, we did exchange a flurry of calls to confirm this rumor one way or another. And every single source said it was completely false (stronger words were used, but I will tone it down here).

I can confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt and without violating any nondisclosures that the Viper program is still a passion within DCX. It is our responsibility as owners to support it and provide <u>positive</u> feedback to assure it continues well into the future. Not to start rumors of it's early demise or other things that undermine everything the Viper stands for.

I look forward to a long and wonderful relationship with the folks at CAAP and elsewhere within the Viper family.

Chris

PS. As of 11:49 PM CDT Venom500 asked me to post this on their behalf:

"First I would like to apologize to you and everyone else. I had no intentions of spreading a rumor. I have the utmost respect for the Viper program and everything it stands for. I would never say anything bad about it. It has always been my dream to own a Viper and I am very proud to be part of this organization. I was told this today by someone I thought I could trust that said this is what he read. Therefore I thought I was the only person who didn't know. I simply just wanted to talk to my viper family to get the facts about this issue. I never meant any harm. If you could please post this for everyone to read I would greatly appreciate it. Again I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused. Thank You
Venom500"

As far as I am concerned, apology accepted. I would just suggest to anyone thinking about posting a rumor to think of the possible negative impacts it could have - especially if proven false. This one probably shook up a few CAAP employees that read this board (and they do). With such a very small owner community, it is easy for these rumors to take on a life of their own. While many like to have the early "scoop", I would never suggest banking on anything that wasn't in a DCX press release. Saves having to write those apologies. Glad this one had a happy ending!

Status
Not open for further replies.