A/C for your HOT FEET !!!

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted the following in the thread "Blower Switch Question" , posted by 97fatboy; but not sure the thread title is appropriate for the contents, so here is a new thread.

All,
Now, how about some of that COOL air conditioned air for your HOT feet?
I did this back in 2003 and cold air to the feet is really a plus; I did it on both sides so my wife has COOL feet also. You will not be disappointed.
Any questions, send me an Email - address below.
ENJOY :2tu: :scool: :D :D

Air Condition Tubes for Your Feet: Do your feet get hot? Install a flexible tube from the air conditioning duct that delivers cold air to the outlet above your knees. I used a piece of flexible plastic vacuum cleaner tubing, which can usually be obtained from a thrift store. Cut a hole the diameter of the tubing (usually 1” to 1.5”) in the back side (side facing the foot pedals) of the air duct, to insert the tubing. Inside the duct, attach a 90 degree elbow to the tubing, such that the inlet to the elbow is facing “up stream” into the air flow. Route the other end of the tube to a position near the fire wall and turn downward toward your feet. Cost, less than $5.00. Cool Feet.

AirConditioningVent01.JPG

AirConditioningVent02.JPG

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great idea. I hate it when I get out of the car with sweaty feet. Although I would just as well redirect the entire flow to my feet instead of at my crotch.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another note:

You can stuff a rag/small foam ball etc..in the crotch vents and have full force A/C coming out of the upper vents. I think this is more beneficial than the feet cooler mod, then again I usually wear flip flops when I'm driving. I noticed on my long road trip last weekend that my damned thighs were getting cold and the rest of my body was cooking.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wimps! I don't even have AC in the ACR. :D

And it gets hot here in Florida.

Good idea..but it will not work for me.

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disturbed, Bobbie, you don't have A/C? How did you ever get through those HOT parades we have here??

Later, my friend.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don,

I like my car just like my wife.....F@$#%-HOT :lolcry:

If you remeber right I even had a sweater on! Heat does not bother me I like it about 90....but if it's colder than about 75....I feel almost frozen.

Thanks,

Bobby

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960