A/C Questions

Hav One

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Living in Texas, A/C is not optional. The wife will kill me if I don't get this fixed before is heats up outside. So here is my issue, when I bought my 04 viper a week ago
it had ICE cold A/C. A few days ago, it all of a sudden stopped and would just blow hot air. I checked the compressor, and it is still working, put a gauge on the low
pressure side and added a little freon but didn't need much to have the right pressure. But all that said, the car just blows hot air.

Has anybody had this happen to them? Any suggestions on what to test next? Is this a venting problem? I appreciate all suggestions!!

Thanks!

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably not the same issue; but, I have a 2008 ACR. I have to have the freon (or what ever it is called now) topped off every spring and then it is ice cold. I think
my only holds a 1/2 pound so any loss is significant.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You may have an issue with the low-to high side (expansion valve- reduction tube) pressure. Best to have an AC shop check it out. Its a simple test to diagnose and should cost you less than $100 (plus Freon if needed)

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you have a freon issue or a blend door gone wrong, or compressor fizzled- easy deal, pay a shop to evac and recharge to spec- check out the pressures- that will tell all for the most, get you started at least

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you contacted them, what did the previous owner or dealer say? Probably just the freon...If it's a big deal, hope you have a warranty!

TX heat, indeed!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte