a/c Suction line replacement Help!!

Darell

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HELP!!! im replacing the suction line on my 97 gts it was removed by the last owner for racing. i need to know what i need to remove to install the suction line on the a/c. does it install form the bottom up or side/ top down? do i need to remove the splash shield over the wheel? thanks i really need to get the a/c hooked up it is very hot in Kansas. Thanks everyone for the great forum.

Darell

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELP!!! im replacing the suction line on my 97 gts it was removed by the last owner for racing. i need to know what i need to remove to install the suction line on the a/c. does it install form the bottom up or side/ top down? do i need to remove the splash shield over the wheel? thanks i really need to get the a/c hooked up it is very hot in Kansas. Thanks everyone for the great forum.

Darell

Have you considered purchasing a manual? You'll use it more than you think.

OP
OP
D

Darell

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do have the dodge service manual, all it says is lift the car, it is very none descriptive. im thinking in need to remove the inner fender/ splash guard?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do have the dodge service manual, all it says is lift the car, it is very none descriptive. im thinking in need to remove the inner fender/ splash guard?

Sometimes factory manuals do amaze me. My 2 volume set on my '02 Super Duty has over 120 pages on squeaks and rattles, and 1 page on working on the cooling system. Which was my first anticipated project. Radiator flush, not squeaks.

I have an '01 GTS. I'll take a look and see if I can see how the hose might go on. It sounds like though that with the manual stating you need a lift, that it goes in from the bottom. Kind of a no brainer on that I guess.

OP
OP
D

Darell

Viper Owner
Reaction score
News flash for anyone looking to replace this or any a/c hose I have now installed all the a/c hoses, the trick for the suction hose was to remove the splash guard/inner fender on the passenger side, the plan is to use rivnuts on reinstall instead of the rivets. :drive: