a good aftermarket stereo?

[email protected]

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2010 srt with the best radio at the time. Now with u-connect, wifi, gps's without lame DVDs I am looking for a good radio for my viper. Does anyone know of any available for vipers. Crutchfield doesn't even list vipers on their search engine.

Thanks
Charlie

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2010 srt with the best radio at the time. Now with u-connect, wifi, gps's without lame DVDs I am looking for a good radio for my viper. Does anyone know of any available for vipers. Crutchfield doesn't even list vipers on their search engine.

Thanks
Charlie
Are you looking for convenience features or sound quality? Swapping head units will do nothing for sound quality and very likely make it worse, you have to run a good amp and change speakers and subwoofer to improve the sound quality. Top of the line for Gen 4 head unit is RB1 and with the other upgrades, it has the audio output sound quality comparable to anything else on the market. If you want a different head unit due to features, any of the 2 DIN units will do if you modify the opening although you will run into issues regarding 2 way front component speaker and subwoofer configurations (rear speakers you can ditch in any case). To get the audio upgrade done right, you either have to be competent yourself or find a competent shop (not a usual hack shop). If you have no serious audio experience, at least IMO, best to leave things alone.

OP
OP
C

[email protected]

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter
Thanks
I would touch it myself. I just want to have a better GPS and u-connect, wifi so I can listen to I heart etc. I am happy with the sound quality. How long will they upgrade dvds for nav.
I hade a 08 viper and bought sirrus for life for under $400. Now that is gone. My 2013 Jeep has a much better head unit with all I want

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter
Thanks
I would touch it myself. I just want to have a better GPS and u-connect, wifi so I can listen to I heart etc. I am happy with the sound quality. How long will they upgrade dvds for nav.
I hade a 08 viper and bought sirrus for life for under $400. Now that is gone. My 2013 Jeep has a much better head unit with all I want
If I recall from my little project, all signal processing, except for fade and balance is done through the OEM amp. If you do a head unit swap, this is pretty basic stuff and wiring harness is available. Pioneer and Alpine make very nice GPS units, you pay more but you get better reliability and quality. There are Chinese units that are direct swap that do not require opening mods but the screen is smaller and it is what it is... With aftermarket, you will lose subwoofer controls since OEM amp does not account for it. If you have a coupe, you can add an extra amp for subwoofer (more room than drop top) but this will require running wires from battery and from HU to that extra amp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte